i need help smoken bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autox 89 dx

ok i get in my car tonite and it started to idle ruff.I let it sit for about 5 min.because it was fuckn freezen and the miss went away then i got on the freeway and it started missing then started to get hot but not to bad. When i got home it was really fuff so i checked the plugs and wires and found the plug was soaked on the #3 cylinder so i cleaned it up and put another plug in and now its burning hella oil and smoking really bad. What could this be maybe a broken ring or maybe a bent valve?:confused:

yeah that's a cheap easy attempt. i second that gasket replacement.

if you suspect the valve train is bent, or anything with the block, try a compression check. should be free.

but if it was a bent valve u would hear it tho?? am i right... i'd do a compression check like YBLEGAL said. was the oil inside the spark plug whole???

it was my head gasket the plug was loose for some reason and thats how the oil got there.Today i was messin with it and it smells like coolant and the smoke is more like steam checked the plug and its all wet from coolant

^^^Yep white smoke is head gasket. If it was just burning oil it wont overheat like you said it did. And it was missing because it was eating coolant. Have the head sent out and checked for cracks and milled down in case it warped, which is usally the reason a head gasket goes, get a new head gasket and head bolts, DO NOT use the old ones, the bolts are torque to yeild and if you re-use them youll have the same problem again, and make sure you follow the torque sequence.

I was gonna say the headgasket.... happened to me once.

Back