i need help!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

i have a b16 in my 95 hatch. when i drive my car, sometimes my speedometer dont work properly and sometimes it works perfectly. when the speedometer does work, my car feels like shit. sometimes when im driving, as i accellarate (when the speedometer goes crazy) i can see the rpm drop to about 0rpm and it makes my car bogg and not move. so i accellerate slow and shift into other gears to just get it moving.
i have no idea whats going on, please help with any suggestions!!

i just changed cap and rotor from a gsr distributor. stock usdm p30 ecu running a stock jdm b16. cels i have are 10, 20, 41.

the first thing to do is to fix your CEL's. you have wiring problems up the ass.

10- IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)
probably not wired right...

20- Electrical Load Detector
probably not wired right...

41- Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater
bad sensor? didn't do a 4-wire conversion if needed?

but, will these cels make the car run like that??? can spark plug wires be a cause of all this???

find the cels and fix them first, then run it, check your alternator, and see if it's getting power, could be numerous things, and yes it can react like that.

i try to fix the IAT, or i try to plug it in but it didnt reach so me and a friend pull on it so it fitted. u think the sensor is messed up or is the wiring??

how can i check my alternator???

i bet it is your alternator, has happend to me 2 times. take it to any auto place to test it.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 21 2004, 01:40 AM
i bet it is your alternator, has happend to me 2 times. take it to any auto place to test it.

is that the only way to test it????

Originally posted by allgo@Jan 20 2004, 11:17 PM
cool thanks. was it easy to check???

i just pulled it out of my car in the pep boys parking lot and brought it in, they tested it for free on their bench. when i get home i'll get you the info from my helms, i would suggest you invest in a helms too.

Back