I need help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Well in my quest to look for a new (to me) car I've been tossing around a bunch of ideas. Then I got reminded of srt-4's... My old roommate had one, its decently quick, can be made much quicker for a little amount of money. The styling, well at first i hated it but then i liked it, i still do. but i know its just the wrong thing to do :ph34r: There are a bunch in the area, and i could snag one for 14-15k in stock form..

I think i need help. :eek:

personally i dont really like em
havent driven one myself... but the few people i know that have had them have all sold them... usually within a few months of buying it too :shrug2:

There used to be about 15 of them around my town... all were heavily modded.

The only one that was still driving his after 5 months was the kid that decided to sell his last, but then he picked up all of the other's parts for SUPER cheap and made a really quick little car.

Problems... its a neon... I don't care what the seats, badges, gauges... whatever... its a neon. Expect chrysler "quality" through and through.

I have ridden in 3 and driven one..... I would have to be paid quite a bit to drive around in a skittle that looked like a dog draggin its ass.

overall.... they can go pretty quick, for not much work at all.... just expect to be made fun of whether you win or lose the race.

dude its a neon, i just puked in my mouth

Neon schmeon, if its fast its fast. I bet the guy I blew away in the 350Z with my fugly ass peeon didnt say its just a neon ;)

Factory turbo cars are fun. So easy to make a ton of HP and go fast. The SRT has a LSD stock right?

i think the 03's dont but the 04-05's do.

shit, stage 1, agp wg, exhaust, and dp youll be somewhere in the 300hp (crank) range, maybe a smidge more.

the big thing that got me was the interior, the whole cabin felt cheap (although i dont mind the Evo's), seats weren't comfortable (drove for over an hour to see how they felt), stupid gurgle gurgle exhaust (east fix tho with a single sided exit exhaust), plus id HAVE to lower it, it looks kinda dumb sitting where a rav4 does... but i dont really *want* a low low car and once you lower a neon, the front bumper is real low because of the huge fenderwells.

there is one around here for sale for 15, stock.... fuck it, the search continues!

i might just stick to my previous thoughts and find a low milage bug eye wrx (they're just so cheap!). or a well priced evo, r32, mini, or s40 :p

Last edited:
GTi 1.8T could prolly be had pretty cheap too. The Autothority chip I had claimed 45whp and 50wtq. I never dyno'd but the car was VERY quick with mild work. Handled nice too :)

yea the gti is nice that what my g/f drives, you might even wont to get the vr6 and twin turbo it

oo forgot to add that. Sad thing is, i dont care too much for the pre-06 looking golfs well, except the r32 (is also awd which is a plus up in vt). But i should still be able to find a used 06 for ooooo 17k.

then there is the 350z/g35... but i've never owned a rwd car in the winter :p

buy my RS in the spring. winter problem solved.

meh, rs coupes do nothing for me, plus they're pigs.

awd would be sweet, definatley would help in snow, but come to think of it... fwd has never failed me in any condition. Unplowed back road up a mountain with about a good 4 inches of snow and still snowing, no prob. (although one time i had to whip it around and go up a portion in reverse..)

The honda dealer here has two si sedans, im gonna take a look on friday. then ill take a look at an 06 gti at the vw dealer.

as it stands.. evo, r32, 06 gti, Si (coupe or sedan), wrx, s40, and cooper S are on the list..

Back