I need major help! cant get the rim off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevinboicourt

OK guys, I need lots of help. ingenious people. creative people. I bought a tire from tires.com and got a screwed up tire. then I had to a new one received and then took the tire and rim to dobbs. at dobbs, they chewed up the rim so bad they had to refinish it. then when I got the tire and rim back, I took it to another multi-million dollar tire shop and they put it on for free. Now the problem...I was gonna change my brake pads today, and tried to take the tire off. got 3 lugs loosened and then the 4th. that fourth one though, just kept spinning and spinning and...... So either the lug itself is stripped, or the stud is loose and I kept get a grip to get the lug off. the lug also wont come off all the way, but it also wont go on all the way again. so how do I get the lug nut off? or how do I get the back of the stud, or hold the stud to be able to turn the lug nut?? please, any help is appreciated

Originally posted by kevinboicourt@Sep 24 2004, 02:03 AM
OK guys, I need lots of help. ingenious people. creative people. I bought a tire from tires.com and got a screwed up tire. then I had to a new one received and then took the tire and rim to dobbs. at dobbs, they chewed up the rim so bad they had to refinish it. then when I got the tire and rim back, I took it to another multi-million dollar tire shop and they put it on for free. Now the problem...I was gonna change my brake pads today, and tried to take the tire off. got 3 lugs loosened and then the 4th. that fourth one though, just kept spinning and spinning and...... So either the lug itself is stripped, or the stud is loose and I kept get a grip to get the lug off. the lug also wont come off all the way, but it also wont go on all the way again. so how do I get the lug nut off? or how do I get the back of the stud, or hold the stud to be able to turn the lug nut?? please, any help is appreciated
[post=394218]Quoted post[/post]​

see if you can get a pry bar or something and put tension on it so you are pushing the lug nut towards you but at the same time are able to spin it counter clock-wise to loosen it. I've never done it on lug nuts but i've done it a million times on stripped bolts. hope it works for you.

if you can easily get access to the side and top of the nut, buy a nut splitter.

job done.

id go back to the last place that did ur tires. they must have used the impact with no torque stick and striped the lug or the nut. go back and tellthem the deal.. and tell them they were the last ones to work onit... they shuld take care of it.. good luck

Back