I need some guitar help...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I am trying to play Outside, by Staind. and i cant get my fingers in the right place. BTW this is for the acoustic version of the song, not the studio version. can anyone help me out on how to do this, check out the link to the tabs and you will see what i mean.

i have to press all 6 strings, and i cant get them all down.

Link to tab

thanks

That tab makes no sense whatsoever. I even took out my guitar, and it still makes no sense.

In otherwords, hold down the say, 6th fret (all the strings) with your pointer finger, then the G and D at the 8th fret, with you pinkie, and the one next to it. Then simply move the to teh appointed frets in rythm of your song.

lol i was gonna say, how does that not make sense? lol

its a barre chord as john said.

lay your index finger across all 6 strings in the first position...

basically, you're playing a power chord, laying your index across all six strings, and then adding the major 3rd with your middle finger.
and then the blip to sus4 chord.

here's a pic

6-stringMajorFront.JPG

Haha, yea when I first looked at it it is upside down, so it fucked me up. I haven't looked at tab in a long time.

holy life size pic batman!!

yea you got it though...

ok questoin 2. does it take practice to do that or should i be able to do it anyway, because i cant get enough pressure down on my pointer. i actually thought that was how i could do it but since i couldnt hold the strings down i was confused.

maybe i jsut suck

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 6 2005, 08:40 PM
Barre chords are a bitch on an acoustic guitar. It's going to take some practice to get it down. Mostly, you're building up the finger strength to hold the strings down. Just keep practicing it and it'll come. :)
[post=483934]Quoted post[/post]​

its easier on an electric?

should i be tuning down a half step for the staind songs? if so, whats the easiest way to do that?

Electrics usually have thinner necks, so it's easier to get your hands on it.

:werd:

certain acoustics in particular are ridiculous difficult to play clean barre chords on, but playing things like that on an acoustic for a while will make your chords ridiculously clean once you get back on an electric

or you'll just get hand cramps LOL

jerk off with you left hand more. you need to develop strength. lol

but seriously, if your guitar is a POS starter accustic or something, it will be a pain in the ass. a good guitar with a nice neck and low action is cake.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 7 2005, 05:10 AM
jerk off with you left hand more. you need to develop strength. lol

but seriously, if your guitar is a POS starter accustic or something, it will be a pain in the ass. a good guitar with a nice neck and low action is cake.
[post=484017]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip, I can play bar chords without using my thumb on the rear of the neck :)

Back