I need your help 5th gen civic owners.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Hey whats up i am buying some parts off of Rick (pheonixb16aguy) and one of those parts is this
audcons.jpg

And no it is not jdm it is just an option for 92-95 civics. Andyway this screws right in... i know how to install it . It is 4 screws through the side and 4 through the bottom. But here is my question... My climate control lights do not work for some reason. It is not the fuse what else could it be. I used to be able to bang on it and they would work but they have stopped working. So i want to know if anyone knows how to take the climate control out? I know it is alot of screws but if anyone knows how to take it out give me some directions or maybe even a website to go to for help. And my second question is where would i find some sort of din cup holders for where my cd player used to be. I still would like cup holders since i am sacraficing them for this console. Do you think this would work.
4a_1.JPG

I think this would look tight but i am not sure it will fit. It says it is a Coin Cup Holder froma Sable, SAAB 900, 9000 Turbo, Thunderbird SC DIN. I think it will fit. Any opinions or hel with my problems.

if the cup holder is DIN sized, there is no reason it shouldn't fit

and if the climate control lights aren't working, and you checked the fuse, look for a loose pin, loose wire, loose connector- usually making something work from banging on it obviously means something is making intermittent contact

I found this site after an hour and a half of searching. :hmm:<~~~ hurr... But is that it only 3 screws? I could have sworn there would have been more. But do u think that would look alrite together. What do u tthink about that din cup holder?

It was an option on civics between 92 and 95 if you are talking about the center console. And you can find them on alot of sites but i think ebay has a few. I just so happened to ask rick and he said he had one so it is cool. I am excited to see what it looks like when it is installed.

The climate control face is only held in by one veery small screw. To access it you need to remove evrything below it including the radio, and laydown with a flashlight. Look at the middle you'll see a screw that faces head to the engine, remove that, and pop the tabs once you remove the knobs it will come out. This will only access the bulbs, but that's probably what the problem is.

Back