I think I'm getting raped!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mtnbkrpnk

Someone tell me, since I'm still a newbie at this kind of stuff....I just had to get new axle boots, and o2 sensor, and the dealership is charging me $1,000...... :blink: :angry: :( Is my gut feeling right? I'm getting raped aren't I??

bend over an grab your ankles...i would never pay that. WOW go some where else. even buying the parts through the dealer should be no more than $300. that gives them 700 in labor.

matt

Here is the rundown:

The 75,000 service around $180

The boots: $400 or so

The sensor: $390

and labor.......

Didn't i just read that I could go buy a sensor for under $50 bucks? That sucks. You live and learn....Reminds me why I'm trying to learn all i can about doing it myself. Dealerships take advantage of you bad! Even when I bought the car, I thought I was getting a good deal on it, and I go home, and I find my loan is for $3,000 above blue book!! :angry: Only private party deals from now on.

the service and the O2 sensor sound about right as far as the dealer goes, but $400 for the axle boots is rediculous. I could buy 2 brand new axles for that much. godd luck though

matt

WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to fucking much!!!!!!!!!

Boots cost about $10 per side, and the o2 runs about $120, $200 max. You got gangbanged.

If he went to a Honda dealer, the boots cost approx. $32.00 Per Boot. plus labor.
Also most honda dealers go off of flat rate when it comes to labor. for those of you who are like " whats flatrate? ", they go off of how long the Mitchell labor book says it will take for a tech to complete the job. it might not actually take that long, or it might take longer, but that way the service advisor can give the customer an accurate price quote. and also if they run into a problem, or the tech is slow, the customer doesnt end up paying extra. the tech just looses money

so 32.00 per boot X 4 = 128.00
average labor 76.50 per hour X 4 = 306.00
total = 434.00

i know that sounds like bullshit, but thats the way it works. all the more reason to do your own work.

the only thing i have my dealership do is the warranty work on my moms new car, just to keep the warranty on the vehicle.

Unfortunately, the work has already been done. That was money better spent on getting some rims and suspension....oh well, another paycheck....I'll be shopping my butt off next time. Oh by the way, can someone tell me, what is it that causes the boots to crack? I'm guessing hard driving....

Originally posted by mtnbkrpnk@Feb 3 2004, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately, the work has already been done. That was money better spent on getting some rims and suspension....oh well, another paycheck....I'll be shopping my butt off next time. Oh by the way, can someone tell me, what is it that causes the boots to crack? I'm guessing hard driving....

The main cause is age... they are just wearable parts. that and sustained high speed. they get old, dry out and crack.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 3 2004, 03:35 PM
Boots cost about $10 per side, and the o2 runs about $120, $200 max. You got gangbanged.

i busted out laughing with that comment lol.....but yea you did get fucked in da butt

Originally posted by mwvnos+Feb 3 2004, 03:15 PM-->
@Feb 3 2004, 03:35 PM

i busted out laughing with that comment lol.....but yea you did get fucked in da butt

werd...

you would have been better off buying reman axles, and doing the work your self.

it's an unfortunate thing to learn this way, but at least now you know what to do differently next time. the only benifet is that now you have a warranty on the services that were performed, so if anything goes wrong in the future, it has a chance of being covered.

Yea, my lesson is learned....I guess if I would have found out about it sooner, I would have had time to get all the used or less expensive parts and find a coworker that has worked with this stuff before. Living and learning.....but my butt still hurts.... :unsure:

ok the general consensus is, that he got fukt on the price

point proven

no need to keep kicking him

:)

Back