i think my car is wrecked :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we've been having these storms ALOT lately.

B you're only like an hour away! you should be able to make it to autocross at laz :lmao:

3 detours due to road closures, accidents, flodding, trees down, and the rest and i'm finally home.

what a friggin day

So what does the car look like? Any damage?

it's actually ok, suprisingly.

i thought for sure it would be dinged to shit.... but its not thank god.

We just had a huge storm on Tuesday, knocked out power at work.

Our building is 3rd on the list for emergency power repairs in our town... It goes Hospitals, Fire/Police, then Telecom. And we were down for 22.5 hours. :ph34r: So it was a doozy.

Our backup generator had never run that long, even when you combine its total run time since the building's been built. It almost ran out of fuel, too, but I got the fuel company out just in the nick of time to refuel it. All our servers going down hard and it being my fault would have been A Bad Thing.

Last edited:
it's actually ok, suprisingly.

i thought for sure it would be dinged to shit.... but its not thank god.

it's the good materials used in the making of your car. guarantee if it was a kia it'd be trashed. :D

Another reason why CA > NE. :D

I heard you did not have a tornado in that region, just some powerful wind. I guess with the rains people in my neck of the woods got upto 5 inches where by where you work was 1-2.

anytime it hails or anything here. i worry so badly about my sunroof. I need to build a garage. or relocate to house with one >_>

but good thing you didnt have worse happen to your car. You dont have to worry about hurricanes putting houses on your car either though:mellow:

I was in a "softball" sized hail storm in new mexico once, tore siding off of houses, destroyed roofs, the cars were miserable. One convertible with its top torn to shreds, trunk, hood, fenders beat like you wouldn't beleve, front and rear glass smashed out.. but the shocker was the tail lights were smashed out. Only time I've ever seen hail break tail lights. The rest of the uncovered cars in the area were pretty much totaled as well.

German cars are built to withstand hail. Look at my neighbor's CLK.

Japanese cars on the other hand, well... Take a look at my civic's roof.

Back