I think my computer is attacking itself

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

I started using Norton personal firewall like a week ago and ever since ive been gettin alerts of an attack from my own ip with the "MSSQL_Null_Packet_DoS" attack. sometimes it says its from PowerSys, which is my host name. does anyone know whats going on?

can you tell me how to check for it? im using bazooka, adaware, spybot, norton firewall, and solo antivirus

ok i checked up on it, and it is actually my computer sending these stuff out. the sasser fixer program didnt find anything. In all of the reports it is my computer ( PowerSys(*my ip*)) sending the packets out. also i looked up MSSQL_Null_Packet_DoS and they said it's norton's "i dont know what im blocking" thingy. i figured out it is using port 6881 and the attack port(the port my computer is attacking) is 1433(ms-sql-s).

ok i did that; the hosts file is empty(no entries). I read the description of the Sasser worm and the problem i have fits the description.

Back