1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my computer is attacking itself

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by K2e2vin, Jun 19, 2004.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I started using Norton personal firewall like a week ago and ever since ive been gettin alerts of an attack from my own ip with the "MSSQL_Null_Packet_DoS" attack. sometimes it says its from PowerSys, which is my host name. does anyone know whats going on?

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

can you tell me how to check for it? im using bazooka, adaware, spybot, norton firewall, and solo antivirus

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

thanks blanco. i got some cleaning to do...

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

ok i checked up on it, and it is actually my computer sending these stuff out. the sasser fixer program didnt find anything. In all of the reports it is my computer ( PowerSys(*my ip*)) sending the packets out. also i looked up MSSQL_Null_Packet_DoS and they said it's norton's "i dont know what im blocking" thingy. i figured out it is using port 6881 and the attack port(the port my computer is attacking) is 1433(ms-sql-s).

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

ok i did that; the hosts file is empty(no entries). I read the description of the Sasser worm and the problem i have fits the description.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted