I wanna do this new car thing right :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Hey, I recently traded in that Jeep and Got a 2007 AWD Ford Fusion :)

ford_fusion_review.jpg

Tint
I am wondering if i should tint the windows, or just let it go with the clear glass. I have never had my windows tinted before, but i am trying to do everything right and economical on this car. There are 2 reasons why i would do this...

1. Aesthetically it would make the car look better, with a nice legal 35% black tint on a black car.

2. Functionality of not fading my interior overtime. I am a sucker for 2 tone interior, an di got a Black dash and tan carpet seats and lower dash. I dont want that to fade like my previous civics have done. It turns the tan cloth to a whiter color.

I wouldnt go the cheap way on tint, i will go to a reputable shop and spend the extra money on quality 3m film. But my questions is... is it really worth it? Or is tinting windows best left in the 90's?

Interior
Now since i have tan interior, would anyone suggest scotchgaurd for stain repelant? I again wanna do this right, and have everything covered. I just wonder if there was a longer lasting spray, more so than 3 months with scotchgaurd. Also is having the clear floor mats on top of my tan ones a little over the top for stain proofing my car? I dont wanna seem like an old man, but just trying to get a "detailers" point of view.

first off, welcome to the Ford family :) i like the Fusions alot so you get a :thumbsup: from me on that. id tint it. get a light to medium tint because tint on black cars always looks darker than what it is. and go to a reputable shop like you said and get the good stuff. as far as interior, scotchguarding is a good idea no matter what color the interior is. keeps stains from ruining your interior carpet and seats. definately get that done. id probably do that first before the tint.

what kinda motor is in those cars? also, get more pics up. i wanna see more.

and lastly...moving to Other Vehicle Discussion section.

See im a gen chat kind of guy :) i dont even pay attention to most other forums. But thanks for the move. Ill get more pictures up today.

Oh and motor choices...
2.3 L - 4 cyl. in automatic or 5 speed manual
3.0 L - 6 cyl in a 6 speed automatic (mine)

But i love the all wheel drive featue, and it kind of looks like a mini caddy :)

But what would you recommend for a scotchguard type product that will last longer than 3 months. I heard of a Gel Based product, but i cant find where i found that from.

Last edited:
umm Scotch Guard?? thats a brand name...lol

your car has the same 3.0L v6 as the Taurus and my truck....well sorta the same as my truck. they are pretty good motors. congrats again on the new ride :thumbsup:

Scotchguard wears off in a few months anyway. Just go to the grocery store and buy a can every few months. You might be able to find a furniture store that sells a silicone based fabric treatment - it will last for 3 years or longer. It would only cost them about $20 or less in chemicals if they're willing to spray it for you. Of course retail with a warranty it would cost $150. But it really works.

I am trying to find a solution like that, That was a response on one of the fusion forums, to a guy asking basically the same scotchguard question.

i used to work at Toyota detailing cars.. they should offer a service that has the fabric treatment, paint treatment and vinyl sealer .. :shrug2: they did at Toyota anyways

They did, like i spilled my water bottle slightly and it beaded up, but my floor mats are showing some dark spots. I think because of the snow, i am putting that slush color on my mats from my feet. That is what i am trying to prevent. Maybe black floor mats instead? That may hide the dirt alittle better.

Bilek_06_Ford_Fusion_interi.jpg

Interior (pic i found on the web) Do you think with the black dash, black floor mats would be ok? they offer an all weather mat for 70 bucks for all 5. I just don tknow if they will stand out so much...

5% all around. Don't be a pussy.

My Civic was 5% and you couldn't see a flashlight through it. In the rain I had to get out of the car, take a mental snap shot, and try to backup without hitting anything

If they made WeatherTech Floor Liners I'd say to get those... but they don't...

Go 20% on the back windows and 35% on the fronts... Especially if you've never had tint before.

I used to run 5% all the way around, and 14% mirror on the windshield (THE ENTIRE WINDSHIELD), and it was soo dark... Made it tough to see at night... But looked hot.

Yea, i am probably going to "weatherproof" my floor, coming up this thursday when i have off. But tint, I think i am gonna get 20 in the back like you said. I just dont wanna screw thi sup... lol

Yeah, cant go wrong with 20 or 35%... I wouldn't do 5 on a first tinted car, although my dream a long time ago was to own a black lincoln towncar with 5% tint all the way around. Get out wearin black suit, black tie with black shades...
GROSSE POINT BLANK FTMFW!!

Back