I want to change my engine.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mare23

I want to chane my d16a8 engine with another engine like that, but it mast have VTEC techonolgy. With which type could be changed???

Thanks a lot from Mare23, Slovenia

you have a lot of engine to chose from.
B16A = DOHC VTEC 1.6L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B16A2 = DOHC VTEC 1.6L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B16A3 = DOHC VTEC 1.6L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B16B = DOHC VTEC 1.6L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B17A1 = DOHC VTEC 1.7L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B18C1 = DOHC VTEC 1.8L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B18C3 = DOHC VTEC 1.8L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B18C5 = DOHC VTEC 1.8L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
B18C = DOHC VTEC 1.8L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary)
H22 = DOHC VTEC 2.2L (minor modifications needed to swap it in)

OR if you want to go hybrid then...

LS/Vtec = DOHC VTEC 1.8L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary), which is a B18B or B18A block with a Vtec head on it.
CR/Vtec = DOHC VTEC 2.0L (bolt-in swap, no modification necessary), which is a B20Z or B20B? block with a Vtec head on it.

you have a 1.6 Litre non-Vtec engine.
check my earlier post because i outlined the size of the engines and i put a little bit more info about them. also you may want to check the reference section for a complete listing:

list of engines - reference section

Welcome TO hondaswap.

I would suggest doing a basic swap and going from there, like a b16 of your gen.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 21 2003, 08:52 AM
Welcome TO hondaswap.

I would suggest doing a basic swap and going from there, like a b16 of your gen.

how are you going to tell him what engine to get when you don't even know what he's going to use the car for or why he's changing the engine out. <_<

Originally posted by rsaeini+Jul 21 2003, 10:08 AM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Jul 21 2003, 08:52 AM
Welcome TO hondaswap.

how are you going to tell him what engine to get when you don't even know what he's going to use the car for or why he's changing the engine out. <_<

I was just commenting on doing something simple, its a civic, if he really wants to go all out he can get something else, but really a b16a is the most straight forward swap IMO for the n00bs.

the rover 216 coupe is an english coupe which uses a d series civic engine, very similar to a civic. Well kinda anyways

Back