I went off-roading

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

I went offroading over the weekend @ my gf's aunt/uncles place in CT. Drove one of these things...

gallery_34272_243_1104767928.jpg

I rode the Polaris 2 stroke 500cc ATV. Had a smile on my face the whole time. I kid you not when i say these F*n things go over anything. We rode 'em through frozen mud, swamps, over fallen trees, streams. Nothing would stop 'em.... We even chased deer with them.

I wanna return all my x-mass presents and get an ATV instead. Too bad there's no woods on long island.

ATV's are awesome, but you've never really drove one unless you've taken them to some huge sand dunes. I've been to Pismo Beach in CA twice with ATV's. Hundreds of acres of sand dunes right on the beach. It's some of the most fun I've ever had.
It's not an impressive picture, but it was fun regardless:
cal1.jpg

I live like 10 mins from the sand dunes. :lol: Ever driven a sandrail? Now THOSE are fun shit. And you can build one with just about any engine you want. I saw one that was built around the V6 out of an NSX once.

yup. we used to go to Pismo every year. That place is sweet. I've heard Glamis is awesome too but never been there.

Did a sand rail using a 20R toyota motor. Totally kick ass.

And yeah, I would say full-size offroading is more fun. The 4Runner with the top off isn't as fast, but I can go DEEP into the rockies for days.

That's a bitchin quad, also I would say that's a $8000 quad at least.

-> Steve

If you wanna prove to be a REAL man, go out for 3 days on snowmobiles in northern New Hampshire. I used to be an on-site welder, and we had these tracks to fix on a caterpillar. It took us 5 hours to get there with the artic cats, and 2 overnights.

My good friend has a sandrail with a supercharged 22R and nitrous, sitting over airbags and 31" Mickie Thompsons(rear). He wins mud runs and tough truck competitions with it.

He can do third gear wheelies. I'm not impressed by much, but he has some nice toys. He built that rail from scratch, since he's a fabricator by trade.

a friend and i go down to the "little sahara" in oklahoma about once a yr. there was a guy that had a sand rail with a northstar V8 in it. that thing was mean.

Here is a link to my dad's bike.

http://powersports.honda.com/atvs/sport/mo...TRX450R5&bhcp=1

Honda preformance kit and all. He was the first one in our area to get one. He also has a sandrail with a 20R block and 22R head. Works pretty good. My brother got about 10 feet of vertical air and about 63 feet out on the 450R. It was good times. That was in the Oregon Dunes btw. Riding is fun, My self i prefer climbing as apposed to jumping and what not. But its all good times. Take it easy.

Jeramy

My aunt and uncle just snagged one of those too, i have yet to ride it but i saw my uncle on it and the thing is pretty bad ass. Im eagerly awaiting my chance to ride it.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jan 5 2005, 05:52 PM
$6,500-8,000 for a quad? I guess if you don't have anything better to spend your money on. :huh:
[post=441597]Quoted post[/post]​

How much have you spent on your drum kit?

Different strokes for different folks i say.

Back