i won a db drag event

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

on saturday i entered a db drag event at a local shop and took 1st place in the 1-2 sub under 599 watts :D
heres a pic of the box
s3dd52c11dd9d5.jpg

i built this box for two polk momo m100's but polk was dicking me around and i never endeed putting them in there. tired of no bass i bought a buy one get one free kenwood sub from best buy and i spent about 110 for em. i have a pic of em but cant load it up for some reason. i beat out 2 other people in my class that had subs ment for spl. shit my car is more sq then any thing, i was shocked that i won.

more scores are
1st run 140.5
2nd run 140.8
3rd run 141.1

sweet man :thumbsup: I need some new subs. Running kicker comp's right now. I think I'm going to switch to the new Type Rs from Alpine

Was it an actual dB drag race? Because last season they didn't do power classes, only IASCA did. Either way not bad for two Kenwood 10's! What were the other people running?

good job, i used to do that back in the day, I won one, and got 2nd in two others, they give big trophys.

s3f1450d56ea1c.jpg

decided to post the pic up, I did a 148.6 dB my last run i think... tthat was likea year ago.

Originally posted by PixXxieGuy@Jul 15 2003, 11:44 AM
Was it an actual dB drag race? Because last season they didn't do power classes, only IASCA did. Either way not bad for two Kenwood 10's! What were the other people running?

it was one but the shop has its own class for customers like my self that dont compete. i m not sure what the classes and what event type it was. i know we were db draging

it not a official db drag class

db dragracing doesn t have power classess

it would ve been street

heres the class

· Street A – A maximum of 2 subwoofer amplifiers may be used. Total subwoofer amplification is limited to a maximum of 4 “non-bridged” output channels or 2 “bridged” output channels. (Please see the definitions section for more detail regarding bridging.)

o 1 to 2 woofers 12-inches in diameter or smaller

o OR a single woofer that is larger than 12 inches in diameter but no larger than 15-inches in diameter

· Street B – A maximum of 4 subwoofer amplifiers may be used. Total subwoofer amplification is limited to a maximum of 8 “non-bridged” output channels or 4 “bridged” output channels.

o 3 to 4 woofers 12-inches in diameter or smaller

o OR a pair of woofers that are larger than 12 inches in diameter but no larger than 15-inches in diameter

o OR a single woofer that is larger than 15-inches in diameter but no larger than 18-inches in diameter

Additional Guidelines for the Street Division:

· Amplifiers used for non-subwoofer applications will not be counted.

· Subwoofers may not contain more than 2 discrete voice coils per sub.

· Cargo vans and commercial vehicles are prohibited from competing in the Street Division.

· Sponsored vehicles are not permitted in the Street Division.

Super Street Division

· 1-2 Woofers – No Walls

· 1-2 Woofers

· 3-4 Woofers

· 5-8 Woofers

· 9+ Woofers

Extreme Division

· 1 Woofer

· 2 Woofers

· 3-4 Woofers

· 5-8 Woofers

· 9+ Woofers

The classes listed above are the recommended standard classes for dB Drag Racing. Typically, all of these classes will be offered at multi-point events. However, if there are fewer than 8 entries in a given class, or if the event is a single-point event, the show promoter may, at his discretion, combine one or more classes in order to fully populate the elimination brackets. In any case, the number of classes offered, and their specific breakdown, is at the discretion of the show promoter.

Right now I've got two Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 12's behind the seats of my Del Sol, with a Cadence Z7000 amplifier (1500 watts rms :eek: ). I'm waiting to see how well it does on the meter...

my friends and i entered in a local db drag at a car show like a month ago... we built the box the morning of the show :-D

anyhow, it only hit 143.7, but that's because we only had 1 500w pheonix gold running all 4, and running 2 different sizes of subs off the same amp didn't exactly work in our favor. anyhow, here's a pic of the fun.

s3ed149773827e.jpg

:lol: That's a crazy set up! But yeah, my brother inlaw has like 4 kicker sl 15's with 4 bd1500's, in Alaska, he claims to have hit aroundd 15X. I am not sure if that is really loud, but yeah it is a show truck so the enclosures are that dandy for contest.

different size woofers is usually poor for SPL anyways
unless the boxes are tuned VERY carefully they will just cancel eachother out resulting in low SPL scores
they will have different Q levels, and different response times

My freind Tommy who competes, (1st place street 3-4 in 2001 world finals) was putting 9 12 inch rhinos into a suburban sunday, running 12,000 watts to them. Yaaaa thaaatttss niiiiccceeee.

Back