Iac Idle Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fork

So I have the Idle bouncing problem that we always hear about and I can't find any vacume leaks but I have a couple of questions.
How do I check the IAC
What are the signs of a bad map sensor
and how do I chack the map sensor.
thanks alot guys

if your tps has 2 screws instead of rivets just adjust it till the bouncing idle goes away or do it right and have someone put a meter on it. if it does have rivets not sure how ya adjust it

Read the article in reference section I believe. I have the same problem and you check by unplugging the iac while cars at idle and see if idle goes up which it should but if it just sits there then its a bad iac.

Snap-On Part number SO-QQT24-J85, Special Honda Diagnostic CPU. This tool reads all the sensors readings, malfunctioned sensor or fuses, etc. Tells you want to do too. big bucks though. $1500

click articles... click on the one i wrote about erratic idle.

and yes.. if you unplug the iac, the idle should go up and the CEL should go on

I just had this problem, mine was caused by a resevoir (Im guessing that is what it is) on the bottom of my thottlebody. You can try taking it off and take the end off of it. It has a plastic plug in it that had come unscrewed. Hope it helps.

Will

Back