IAT and fast idle question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tjscivic

Im trying to wire up my IAT sensor and Fast Idle Control Valve. I have a 90 dx hatch with a d16a6 swap. I cant seem to find the wires or color of wires for these. Also I think that one of them plug into the B2 spot on the ECU, but I had to take the pin out for the MPFI swap, any ideas on that?

the IAT sensor has a 2-wire connector with red with yellow stripe and green with white stripe - the DX harness should already have the connector on it

the Fast Idle Control Valve on the 89-91 D16A6 also has a 2-wire connector - the connector on your DX harness for the Tandem Control Valve has 2-wires (orange and black/yellow) which go to the same ECU pins as the FICV on the Si harness - just plug the Tandem Valve connector into the FICV on the back of the intake manifold

you shouldn't have needed to do anything with ECU pin B2 on the DPFI to MPFI swap - for the DPFI to MPFI, you move the pins from C1 and C2 to pins B10 and B12 and add new wires to the distributor from C1 and C2

I had to De-pin B2 and put it in B10, and I already had a pin at B12 so I didnt have to move any for that pin. Do you know of any other pins that are not used so I can move it to B2?

So let me get this right. The first pic is the FICV, the wire colors on the valve are blue and black/yellow stripe. The colors going to it should be orange and black/yellow.

2lsbj7p.jpg

Next is the EACV. What color wires should be going to it?

m6omc.jpg

Next is the IAT. The wire colors that should be going to it are red/yellow and green/white. Are these wires connected to anything else? I think I used these wires on the injector resestor box.
35jgdxw.jpg

Ok I got them all figured out. EACV is blue/yellow and black/yellow. IAT is red/yellow and green/white. FICV is orange and black/yellow. Now the other question is how do I reconnect the pin at B2? Is there another pin that is not used that I could take and put there? Or is there a pin on the SI engine harness that I could use in its place?

Back