identifying legal or illegal engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

90htchbck

i'm in the process of purchasing a vehicle with a fresh swap...how can i make sure the engine and tranny are not stollen and what can i do to protect myself...it's a jdm engine and us tranny...

the tranny and block will have the numbers on each piece right behind the fan. open hood and look down at fan then back towards the engine. and so you know if you have the cops run your numbers and they come back stolen then they are as good as gone

oh and this is in the wrong place

any store will ship the motor to the customer with paperwork. A recipt, a paypal invoice, something. if the current owner can't provide you with that, walk away.

some people are stupid and leave vins on even after they've stolen it and put it into a car.....so if you're the type to ask the cops if your motor is stolen be prepared to get slapped with a psp charge and get your shit taken away even if you didnt do it......stick to imported motrs from japan or somethin cuz they dont have vins its a whole different number system so even if it was stolen nobody would know except the person missing it. all my stuff is imported with receipts of course but cops trip[ cuz they cant check numbers. also stay away from popped vins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back