1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IDLE AND ENGINE LIGHT ON after putting on aftermarket headers HELP

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by tp17svt, Sep 3, 2007.

1. tp17svt

tp17svt New Member

IDLE HIGH AND ENGINE LIGHT ON after putting on aftermarket EXHAUST headers HELP

i just put on a performance aftermarket exhaust header on my 2002 honda civic lx 2door, 4 cylinder to replace the manifold and catalytic convertor. when i put the exhaust header on i only put on ONE oxygen sensor and it was the upper one(before the manifold). Now my check engine light is on and my idle is a little high, i was just wondering if maybe i should put the other oxygen sensor the lower(after manifold) one on and that would fix the problem or do i need a tune up on my car to reprogram the computer. Or is there something else that i need to do that i have not figured out please help.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

you need both oxygen sensors

3. tp17svt

tp17svt New Member

well i put both oxygen sensors in and unhooked the ecu and battery but still the light is on. i was wondering do you recommend anything else or do you know of any tuning i can do to get rid of that and the high idle

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted