idle and overheating problem.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tonytone2410

ok i have a 96 accord ex stock motor still an now when i start it up it revs up and down in park...then i put it in drive an it still revs up and down but only when my foots on the brake but when my foots on the brake and it's rev'in like that it's trying to take off like it's jerking the whole car...then i rev it acouple of times then keep driving an about five mins. then it stops....but my car starts runing really hot. any ideas on what it could be an how to fix it?

Thanx.

tonytone2410 said:
ok i have a 96 accord ex stock motor still an now when i start it up it revs up and down in park...then i put it in drive an it still revs up and down but only when my foots on the brake but when my foots on the brake and it's rev'in like that it's trying to take off like it's jerking the whole car...then i rev it acouple of times then keep driving an about five mins. then it stops....but my car starts runing really hot. any ideas on what it could be an how to fix it?

Thanx.
fill your shit up with water and coolant then bleed the head.

some models have a bleeder right above where the front (upper) coolant hose meets the head, your may not

leave the cap off, let the car warm up till thermo opens and just keep the radiator filled the whole time...
that should get the air out

hondas get a bouncing idle when coolant is low
it could also be your FITV or IAC, but make sure all the air is out of the system first

Back