idle help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

the car has ~60k miles; the car is shaking when idling in drive or neutral(doesnt shake while in park); especially when you let off the brakes in D. my cousin(~1995 Chrysler xx) also had this problem; her's was fixed by replacing the spark plugs. i just changed the spark plugs today to see if that would fix it(from stock Champions to Bosch Platinums). problem is still there. what can i do to fix this? im thinking there might be a vacuum leak, clean the IACV, or resetting the ECU?(btw, the stock plugs had burn marks on the plugs) any help appreciated, thanks.

Could be an airflow problem. Does the car hesitate at all while accelerating?

I had the same problem with my car, irradic idle, and got a full tune-up. Not sure what that entales but the problem was fixed.

the car accelerates smoothly. its just idling that's causing problems. i just resetted the ECU today and still that problem.

i guess it can be the airflow though; when my mom bought it, i had tried to check the air filter but one of the bolts were stripped so i couldnt get it opened. i just left it alone after trying for about 30 mins. ill try to check out the filter today and if i cant get it opened ill just cut the box out and duct tape a K&N filter on there.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 24 2005, 03:59 PM
Have you checked the timing?
[post=530477]Quoted post[/post]​

nope i havent. i dont have a timing gun so i might have to take it to a repair shop.

well the bosch are already in the car and its running fine so ill leave them alone. If those die out ill try the NGKs.

btw; i dont know if AutoZone or Advanced Auto carries NGKs because i didnt see the option for them on the screen. does NGK even make plugs for domestics?

Back