1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idle problem on 96' accord

Discussion in 'Accord' started by oblivion2kx, Apr 15, 2007.

1. oblivion2kx

oblivion2kx New Member

Ok, so I'm not really an expert on cars, but I'm starting to get into repairing stuff. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

My 1996 Honda Accord vibrates (alot) when I'm idling at a stop sign. Does anyone know what is the cause of this and if it can be fixed (pictures would be great). (I also have a 98' accord transmission in it)

Also, I'm looking to put in a Injen short ram cold air intake system, what are the chances of the short intake hydro-locking?

Thanks in advance.

2. SneakySedan

SneakySedan Junior Member

Try adjusting your idle just a little bit higher, if that doesn't smooth out the idle, then let us know.

As far as the short ram hydrolocking, you'd really have to hit a pretty big puddle, but its always a possibility when you ditch the box. I doubt its one you should worry about.

3. oblivion2kx

oblivion2kx New Member

do you mean the idle air control valve?

4. hondaburner95

hondaburner95 Banned

short ram intakes do nothing but suck in hot air from the motor , dont recommend one of those , as far as your rough idle goes , just adjust the 12mm bolts on the throttle cable and that should fix it ,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted