Idle problem on 96' accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oblivion2kx

Ok, so I'm not really an expert on cars, but I'm starting to get into repairing stuff. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this.

My 1996 Honda Accord vibrates (alot) when I'm idling at a stop sign. Does anyone know what is the cause of this and if it can be fixed (pictures would be great). (I also have a 98' accord transmission in it)

Also, I'm looking to put in a Injen short ram cold air intake system, what are the chances of the short intake hydro-locking?

Thanks in advance.

Try adjusting your idle just a little bit higher, if that doesn't smooth out the idle, then let us know.

As far as the short ram hydrolocking, you'd really have to hit a pretty big puddle, but its always a possibility when you ditch the box. I doubt its one you should worry about.

short ram intakes do nothing but suck in hot air from the motor , dont recommend one of those , as far as your rough idle goes , just adjust the 12mm bolts on the throttle cable and that should fix it ,

Back