idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

squeals

my brother and i just swapped a b18a1 into my 89 crx hf. when i turn it on it idles at 3500 rpms until it warms us then it idles at 2000rpms. i hate turning it on when it's cold cause it's so loud until it heats up. wouldn't a vaccuum leak have a constant idle problem and not change after warming up? i could maybe clean my idle control valve but that would cause it to be idling so high would it? please help!!

i just take it off and spray it down with carb cleaner right? should i go ahead and replace the gasket too?

yea you can use carb cleaner,i havent replaced the gasket on mine, and its been on and off so many times..

i'll do that shit tomorrow when i'm off. i'll clean the iacv first and if that works i won't touch the fitv. thanks man!!

no problem..another thing you could try..open up the plate on the fitv and theres a white rin in it,,screw it all the way in..

no problem..another thing you could try..open up the plate on the fitv and theres a white rin in it,,screw it all the way in..

:werd: .. thats what i was gonna suggest

on mine im doing a h22 swap on a 97 dx and got evrything done but is idling rough and i start it up and revs perfect for about 10 seconds then go"s back to shitty idleing and wont rev up ran out of idea"s ????

just did 97dx h22 swap everthing in but idling bad and not reving up out of ideas????

im using a vtec harness with p28 or p13 ecu

yea.. heres an idea.. start you own damn thread

someone posts a thread about idle problems at least once a week. lol

first, make sure your idle is set correctly.
then bleed the air out of the cooling system.
if those dont work, its most likely the ring on the fitv, but it couldnt hurt to clean the screens on the iacv.
if its not that, it could be a vacuum leak, check the hoses and IM gaskets.

when you start the car leave it running and unhook the plug on the iacv if it fix the idel problem replace it

Back