idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91crx

i have a 91 crx hf with a sohc zc recently it started doing something odd while it was idling. It revs up to 1500 rpms by itself then goes back down over and over. When it first started doing it i added some oil and it stopped don't ask me how but it did. Now it does it even though it is not low on oil. any advice would be appreciated. thanks alot

Wow...this must be a common thing...I'm having the same problem right now and just read on another forum about the same thing happening to someone else...
Mine goes from about 500 rpm up to 1900rpm...and only once the car is warmed up...like drive in the thru-way for 10 minutes and then when I stop and idle it will do it.

Checking the IAC next...already changed the PCV valve (hose on order).

I'm checking the IAC on the weekend...if that changes it I'll let you know. The only other thing I can figure is a vaccum leak if it's not the IAC.

Jason

if it was a vaccum idle would be held at a constant rpm... the pulsating is the IACV, download the service manual for that car and readjust your idle.

Originally posted by DTEC@Jan 14 2004, 11:29 AM
if it was a vaccum idle would be held at a constant rpm... the pulsating is the IACV, download the service manual for that car and readjust your idle.

would it be "adjust" the idle or:

Clean the IAC
Replace the IAC

???

Jason

Had the same problem..it ended up being the pvc valve...the thing was a pain to put in though...good luck with that. ;)

Originally posted by TDaddy@Jan 14 2004, 02:36 PM
Had the same problem..it ended up being the pvc valve...the thing was a pain to put in though...good luck with that. ;)

Already replaced the PCV Valve...no change...change the pcv valve hose next...

Then gonna look at the IAC... :unsure:

Jason

There is an article that goes over alot of this in the articles section!
Fixing erratic idle!
One thing that i know of if bleeding the coolant system of air, the air will get to some sensors and throw them off. So, if you've changed your coolant, that may be it!
Chris

Back