idle problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic4dr

before i start my build im having some issues right now with my 4dr. the idle keeps reving up and down doesnt do it when i start it...but the first stop i come to...when i push in the clutch is starts it...from abt 1500 up to 3000 rpm up and down and doesnt stop until i start driving again...i have checked my map sen. and its not that..i really dont know how to fix it...but any ideas would be appreciated...thanks.

not vac leak i think...looked all over and no hoses off...not sure if im missing anything....and im not good with the abbreviations yet....sorry...so what is iacv or fitv?....im new to working on hondas but not driving them....

thanks boss :)..my friend who is good with these d-series knows a few trick...we took tthe iacv off and played with it...some trick like putting a little piece of cardboard or something small to leave a little space....well that didnt work...so i dont know what to do..i just hope i can get my truck running b4 winter so i can start tearing shit down and starting on my total rebuild.....thanks for the lesson man.....much appreciated!:)

Your TPS/MAP sensors sound like you've put them in each others place. Thats what happened to me when I first did my swap. Also, you should be getting a CEL. Is the cel bulb pulled?

If it were the FITV it would only do it when it was cold, then like magic, it would just stop and run right once the thermostat opened. If it is doing it all the time, then it's the IACV. They aren't cheap, but unfortunately they do go bad on civics pretty regularly.

do you have a light weight flywheel cause that can cause your car to be searching for an idle.

Back