idle/sensor issue and comments help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joeym102010

i bought a 94 civic and was told the (tps) was gone the car would start but surge untill warmed up then be fine untill you try to give it gas...it would not move rpms till 2800 so i put new (pcv valve) and (tps) i think i might of messed some thing up or there is just another sensor gone now the car idle's but will only go about half throttle befor then acting like it's on the rev limiter......keep in mind i could drive this before and now with about 3500 max it's not drivable please help

TPS sensor not in right, or the MAP / TPS plugs are backwards.... Bad dizzy... alot of things could be wrong lol

yea sometimes the MAP and TPS can get mixxed up... same plug different lengths... was just an idea.. had a prelude once that they were back wards... i was like wtf

hey thank you so mch your info was a big help....i grounded out the tps and it worked fine got full RPM's back. But now im back to the surging idle. it has new tps and i changed the iac valve i think it's a vacumm issue cause the body is a 94 lx that had the V-TecE in it and they put a 92 dx back in it witch is the D15b7 and the reason i say this is every pic i see the purge control solenoid valve is back by the brake master cyl. on back of valve cover on all models and mine is over under my intake???but i need vacumm diagram's for 94 lx vtec-e and 92 dx D15b7 to see what lines are diff. if any??? but thank you again for the help

You may want to see if you have a fast idle thermo valve (FITV). All of the OBD1 Honda motors I've owned had one. They control idle at cold motor temps. IACV Deals with idle at warm "running temps"

I've had evap purge lines open before and it did not cause a vacuum idle mess up.

I have a D16Z6 and the fast idle valve got stuck. When it was idle after it had warmed up, the rpm's would go up and down. So I would check the (FITV). Mine still sticks a lil but I'm to lazy right now to do anything about it.

you guys have been a big help i'v gone over them all my last ? i know the v-tecs have a map sensor on the throttlebody and the dx with non v-tec has a map bypass will either one work on the dx cause i see they have put a new throttle body on it and my ecu keeps telling me its the map sensor

Not sure about your question but... I would check the numbers on the MAP and check to see if it's the right one. Maybe a local Honda part dept will help or check online.

It sounds like a limp mode. Engine light on? If so, Check the codes

Back