idling problems with my accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

87 hatchy

i have problem with my accord, its a 2.0 fuel injected 87 accord the ones with all the damn vacume lines everywhere.when you start it up it idles at 2500 rpm then when you let it sit and idle it goes down to about 1000 and goes back up to 2500 and it repeats that over and over, what's the problem :huh:

Bro, that could be a lot of things. From Coolant level being off to a lot of other things. Those vacuum lines are probably the problem.

Peace*

I used to have a single cam. My friends did some shit to it and it started idle-ing exactly like that. I took it to a mecanic shop and they told me that it was my timing that was moved?? :shrug2: They fixed it though and my car never did it again. It was so annoying hearing and watching it go up and down up and down. But it could be almost anything.

IM having that same problem with my h swap! I let you know what i find out when i fix mine!

its usually that thing underneatht he throttle body that has a hose or 2 going into it. i paid for used one 50bucks or u can go to the junkyard and borrow one :)

nah but i checked all my sensors to see if it was it, troubleshooted it for like 3hours, then i bring it to a honda shop and he says oh its this thing and i almost cryed, but yeah if ur not willing to borrow from the junkyard go switch one off your buddies car.

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Oct 31 2003, 02:25 AM
its usually that thing underneatht he throttle body that has a hose or 2 going into it. i paid for used one 50bucks or u can go to the junkyard and borrow one :)

nah but i checked all my sensors to see if it was it, troubleshooted it for like 3hours, then i bring it to a honda shop and he says oh its this thing and i almost cryed, but yeah if ur not willing to borrow from the junkyard go switch one off your buddies car.

Yeah im going to try my accord throttle body.. and see if that works! It sounds right... and my chilton said something similar when it revs high when the mo fo is cold!

Well I just found out some how my h22 makes 500hp and broke everysingle bolt off the top of the intake manifold! Im running the hondata intake manifold which spaces out more so the nuts are flush on the studs, and im not runnin the brace on the back of it! Thats my fucktard mistake!

i have a 93 accord ex with a 93 h22a1, i had the same problem with the idle but i got a vaccum diagram and all it was, was the vaccum lines on the throttle body were backward, then after changing it was solved, when to the track and ran a 14.7 instead of a 15.1

if its bouncing up and down from like 1500-3000 its more than a vaccum leak! You can try it for yourself pull if a vaccum line it wont be as bad!

No Im just saying thanx for the help your giveing me. maybe you guys can spot the not, I bought the car from a guy for 50$, The transmission was out at the time, Thats why got it so cheap. But here recently I found out from the guy i bought it from that he had replace the cam, injecters, and the head. maybe he forgot to hook something up? I havent really tinkered around with it yet.

Oh yeah I ran into a another problem my lights are screwed I have no dash lights and no low beams, my corner lights wont turn on either. I change all of the fuses and this car is really PISSIN ME OFF!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Any other suggestions?

I'd test your switches, and relays. But first, it seems kind of odd to me that your dashlights, corner lights, and low beams all won't turn on. One thing that they have in common is your main headlight switch. I'd check that one first, then the relay for it. I am quite often wrong, but that's my guess.

Good Luck

Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Nov 13 2003, 11:44 PM
https://hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=55

its probably your electronic air control valve.

Wow everyone thinks that is the thing that always goes wrong! Just unplug it and if revs drop its fine.. Look at all the people who think its the problem and go spend 200 for a new one! Look at the cheapest parts than the most expensive! Mine costed me nadda cause I figured it out before i bought parts! my 2cents

Back