If a second job comes around...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seriously man, if you need a loan for 3 years for 3 grand, you cannot afford this. It's not a necessity, and even with a 2nd job, if you need to take out a loan to pay for it, you really shouldn't buy it.

that's like 1000 bucks a year..... or 83.33 a month before interest additions.

I dunno man... i really think it's a stupid idea to finance so little for so long.

My opinion..... take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Seriously man, if you need a loan for 3 years for 3 grand, you cannot afford this. It's not a necessity, and even with a 2nd job, if you need to take out a loan to pay for it, you really shouldn't buy it.

i'm with b on this one. you can find an older 250 for $1500. get that, wreck it, do flips with it, whatever. if it's gone, you are only out $1500. if you have a loan, you are stuck with interest on something you dont' even have anymore. kinda like a loan on engine mods.

if you save $100/month until next summer, you could own one outright.

that's like 1000 bucks a year..... or 83.33 a month before interest additions.

I dunno man... i really think it's a stupid idea to finance so little for so long.

Well, your advice is sound, but it sounds like you think I'm talking about getting one right now. I have too much to accomplish right now, between the house and getting my eye prescription updated, not to mention getting other things paid off.

I was talking about the scenario if I were to go that route, but that isn't going to happen. A second job will help me to work on the house first. The bike isn't a necessity, I am asking about bikes now for reference in something like a year from now.

You should know that I'm not one to randomly throw lots of money everywhere in hopes of it all just working out well.

Well, your advice is sound, but it sounds like you think I'm talking about getting one right now. I have too much to accomplish right now, between the house and getting my eye prescription updated, not to mention getting other things paid off.

I was talking about the scenario if I were to go that route, but that isn't going to happen. A second job will help me to work on the house first. The bike isn't a necessity, I am asking about bikes now for reference in something like a year from now.

You should know that I'm not one to randomly throw lots of money everywhere in hopes of it all just working out well.
sounds like you know whats up. :thumbsup:

Yeah I'm not about to put myself into a huge debt for a bit of two wheeled fun. I've been wanting a bike for over a year now after Jeffie showed us all the fun biking videos. lol

Yeah I'm not about to put myself into a huge debt for a bit of two wheeled fun. I've been wanting a bike for over a year now after Jeffie showed us all the fun biking videos. lol

videos of my bike or other bikes? lol. I wonder if those old videos of my bike are still up.

videos of my bike or other bikes? lol. I wonder if those old videos of my bike are still up.

Both. If they are up, post them I wanna watch them again.

Both. If they are up, post them I wanna watch them again.

When I get some time I'll see if I can find them. I might have put them on Bs old server, I really don't remember.

Dsc017691.jpg

Sell it to ya... =)

If you are starting out with no experience, I suggest you look into a motorcycle rider training course in your area. The course should provide you with a 150cc or 250cc bike to train on. They would teach you the basics and fundamentals of the controls and handling in a closed course. For about $250(depending on course/school) this is the easyiest and safest way IMO.

I went this route and after the course, I was crazy enough to pick up an R1. Been riding 3yrs now. Once you have the basics and fundamentals, you would better know where you stand on which bike you want.

When I get some time I'll see if I can find them. I might have put them on Bs old server, I really don't remember.

Dsc017691.jpg

Sell it to ya... =)
how much you selling it for?:ph34r:

Ninja 500 or SV650/S.

For a helmet, Arai, Shoei, Suomy, Scorpion. I have an Arai RX-7. Best helmet out there. 550 on ebay and the best. Avoid HJC, Icon, and KBC for helmets, although I do ride Icon gear besides my helmet.

I have a mint GSXR600 and its a bit too much but I'm a conservative bastard and barely have put 250 miles on it since buying it.

I liked the 250 today. Flickable and behaves consistently.

My bad taste for bikes is a result of only riding as small as the Shadow 500 (A reasonable cruiser) or a 650 to 900 sport bike.

If I had a small bike to begin with, I would be years into riding.

But the 19" wheels on the Hyosung, the gauges and the better looks makes me consider financing an extra grand.

Back