if it aint broke dont sell it swap it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89ED

:rimshot: didnt expect that do be called rimshot anyway i got an 89ED and its auto and i aint sellin it what for i can do a automatic H22 swap cant i? any body got info on the expected problems and solutions and what motor and trans combo is optimal.

treat it as if you are doing any other engine swap, first things first you need mounts, harness, ecu, hubs, id honestly get a prelude donor car for this swap because everything you need is there waiting to be swapped over, and honestly in EF hondas its easier to swap it to a 5 speed cable clutch

can u tell me more about this 5 speed cable clutch maybe i know but not understanding the terminology

in hondas you have 2 different style clutches, one is the cable style clutch, its pretty much a bicycle brake like that runs form your transmission to pedal and doesnt take up virtually any space, and you have the hydraulic clutch you have to have a slave cylinder or a hydro to cable clutch converter, cable is much simpler

Back