ignition module

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silicon_ghost

I was wondering if the ignition module in a 93 honda del sol Si is different than a honda CRX ignition module? The distributor's are different so i was wondering if it would be the same with the ignition module.

I am not sure at all on this, but I am going to guess they are different considering one car is obd0 and the other is obd1. Somebody that knows for sure should chime in.

Oh and I just replaced my ignition module the other day and they are definitely not cheap... $93!!! I also picked up a coil since I wasn't sure exactly what the problem was at the time...$85!!! I was stuck on the side of the freeway and NAPA was the only place open so I didn't have time to price check.:(

Did your car just die on ya? Mine did. Gave me no warning, just shut off and i'm not getting any spark. I am hoping that is what it is.

I was headed to the track to race and my car died from another reason (no filter on fuel pump so I ran out of gas! I had 1/4 tank though so it never crossed my mind), but the ignition module just happened to go out on me at the same time because when we checked for spark we got nohting. I was stuck on the side of the freeway all day, it sucked.

I had another question. I am getting another distributor tommorrow and we are going to put it in. I have an external MSD Blaster coil, so i am not going to use it for the winter. The wires that hook up to the ignition module, you know, we dont quite remember how they went, we have a couple of wires mixed up. I was wondering if it would hurt anything or will the car just not start until the wires were right?

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Oct 11 2004, 02:58 PM
Oh and I just replaced my ignition module the other day and they are definitely not cheap... $93!!! I also picked up a coil since I wasn't sure exactly what the problem was at the time...$85!!! I was stuck on the side of the freeway and NAPA was the only place open so I didn't have time to price check.:(
[post=401198]Quoted post[/post]​

thats cheap compared to what honda charges. i was quoted at over 200 bucks for a replacement ICM for my gsr. ive heard that the d series ones are cheaper.

and they are different SOMEHOW but i dont know how. they have different part numbers but the only difference i saw was the mounting bracket for it in the distributor. i swaped brackets and the ICM swaps over just as easily. this is all for b series distributors across all obd's. i was and still am trying to figure out a problem with my crx. so i swapped out the ICM from an obd0 distributor in it. i had to swap brackets but that was it. when that didnt work i took the obd0 ICM out and swapped it with the one from my 95 integra LS. again i had to swap brackets and everything went together fine. so now my 95 integra has the obd0 ICM in it and it runs fine. no problems whatsoever. but the crx still has problems so i dont know whats up, but thats another thread :)

so for the sake of the same series of engines, OBD does not matter when it comes to ICM's. it might not matter between b and d series either but im not positive on that.

Back