ignition timing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18-r

i have a 95 civic ex with jdm b18c swap. mods are i/e. i recently had a reputable shop installed a crane hi-6 with external coil.my problem is i noticed my timing is off cuz when i accelarate i noticed a lag. the next day i check the timing (with advance timing light) sure enough my timing was advance.i do not recall what degree it was.ne-ways so i tried to set it back to factory specs at 16 degree (jumper wire connected on the plug under the pass dash) but i noticed i can only retard it to 10 the most to line up the red mark at idle.the werd thing is the dizzy is all the way retarded n i still get 10 degrees only.i know with my mods i dont need the upgrade of my ignition but since its been sitting in my closet for 3 years now i figured why not use it.pls help a noob.anyone with this experience pls shed some light cuz im really frusrated and dont know what to..thx in advance for those who reply. :angry: :worthy:

that happened to me but this may not be ytour problem. But my timing belt was off by one notch. I just replaced it and it fixed it.

i have done a search and still no answer. for those with similar or encountered this problem in the past pls shed some answer cuz i am frusrated and dont know what else to do. <_<

Back