ignition wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i just bought 10.3 obx wires, and installed them on my friends b16 he has 10k rpm skunk2 stageII cams, msd, after 7k the car did not want to go any further. does any one know why? i have an lsvtec with msd 6a and blaster3 coil with a stock pr4 ecu. why is this happening(spelling) :ph34r:

Originally posted by formby@Aug 8 2004, 12:29 PM
i just bought 10.3 obx wires, and installed them on my friends b16 he has 10k rpm skunk2 stageII cams, msd, after 7k the car did not want to go any further. does any one know why? i have an lsvtec with msd 6a and blaster3 coil with a stock pr4 ecu. why is this happening(spelling) :ph34r:
[post=374049]Quoted post[/post]​

:wtf2: The stock ecu might be your problem, especially since the stock pr4 ecu cuts out at 7200. You might want to mention to your friend that he should get an ecu that engages vtec to make full use of the b16s bigger lobes.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Aug 9 2004, 12:51 AM-->
@Aug 8 2004, 12:29 PM
[post=374049]Quoted post[/post]​

:wtf2: The stock ecu might be your problem, especially since the stock pr4 ecu cuts out at 7200. You might want to mention to your friend that he should get an ecu that engages vtec to make full use of the b16s bigger lobes.
[post=374211]Quoted post[/post]​

no man i have the pr4 he has a p30 ecu with a spoon chip rev 10k i was wondering why it would do that on his car...thanks

does he have valve train to hold 10k?

and even if he does, skunk2 stage 2 cams are dead after 9000

Originally posted by formby@Aug 9 2004, 08:04 AM
no man i have the pr4 he has a p30 ecu with a spoon chip rev 10k i was wondering why it would do that on his car...thanks
[post=374268]Quoted post[/post]​

Chipped ecu's aren't the best way to go. He needs to get hondata or another rom editing software to tune his maps with. Those "spoon" and "skunk2" programs etc. are garbage. That may be one reason his engine is sputtering out at 7k.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Aug 10 2004, 12:19 AM
Chipped ecu's aren't the best way to go. He needs to get hondata or another rom editing software to tune his maps with. Those "spoon" and "skunk2" programs etc. are garbage. That may be one reason his engine is sputtering out at 7k.

Umm hondata is a chipped ECU. I woudl have to say a chipped ECU is the best way to go (if you can't afford a fully tuned stand alone). Your right about the spoon, mugen, skunk2, eBay special, etc... chips though. A lot of them are just garbage. They advance your timing and add more fuel giving you less power and shitty gas mileage.

Get yourself a wideband or borrow one from a friend and make your own map using one of the free ROM editors available.

Back