illegal????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dude you should be respectful of your neighbors and not do that dumb shit in your driveway. the laws are set in place for public roads. If all laws still applied then you would get a ticket for taking your car down your local drag strip. One of my buddies was doing a nasty burnout in his shop with a first gen bb camaro and the fire dept showed up thinking the buiding was on fire then the cops showed up and he pulled the private property card and got out of the ticket. so with that said you can pull the private property card on the cop and might get out of the ticket but on another note there was a group of dudes on a private beach doing some street races (it was badass a bunch of high end cars showed up and were racing for an hour and a half) for a while and he pulled the private property thing and got out of the ticket but when the state trooper showed up it was another story. the owner got threatened with jailtime for allowing it on a non-sanctioned strip and a lot in fines...been over 6 years ago but from what i remember thts how the story went...in the end do what you do your not bothering me by doing it i'm not ur neighbor

nah i dont think im going to be respectful to him,due to unmentioned reasons,but thats besides the point,the point is that the cop tried to lie to me so i would respect the neighbor,so i was just asking for input

Property means jack shit. All laws still apply. Come on my property so I can shoot your ass and i'll just tell the cops it's my property so I can do what ever I want...
Not when it comes to operating a vehicle. You don't need a license to drive on your own property. I used to drive an old army jeep on my parents walnut ranch when I was 12.

1. yes you can drive on private property .2 .its not cool to do what you did . 3. freedom of speech and private property doesn't mean you can distrub the peace . . so your neighbors an old pain in the ass we all get that . you still need to respect those around you .

B16 you have the right idea , but a swift kick to the balls might be better

Not when it comes to operating a vehicle. You don't need a license to drive on your own property. I used to drive an old army jeep on my parents walnut ranch when I was 12.
WikiAnswers says that the unlicensed/minor needs permission from the owners of the property so... 1)it's not his property, it's his parent's. and 2) I highly doubt they gave him permission to do burn outs and try to drift in the driveway...

ok my neighbor is a douche,weve tried the talking before,it doesnt work,my parents dont really give a fuck what i do(within moderation) a couple burnouts are fine,im not going to do them anymore im going to do other annoying stuff,that isnt "illegal"

and if my neighbor ever tried coming on my property swing or kicking,,that would be the end of the cop calling because he will get shot..not by me,but by my moms boyfriend

and if my neighbor ever tried coming on my property swing or kicking,,that would be the end of the cop calling because he will get shot..not by me,but by my moms boyfriend

Sounds like a model, upstanding citizen of the US.

you can drive on your own property w/o a license. Same goes for private developments, a license is only for public roads. As far as being too loud, so long as your town has a noise ordnance and you are not violating it you're good. How ever you might want to think twice about doing it, because if the cops get to know you/your brother and the cars for doing burnouts in the driveway what do you think will happen when he sees you out on the road?

^--- this.

A rebel without a clue.

going platinum?
IcyHottPaint.jpg

ok my neighbor is a douche,weve tried the talking before,it doesnt work,my parents dont really give a fuck what i do(within moderation) a couple burnouts are fine,im not going to do them anymore im going to do other annoying stuff,that isnt "illegal"

Thanks Arthur

so my question..
is it illegal to drive on your own property without a license??
and there is no noise ordinance until set time(10pm weekdays,11pm weekends) on your property right??
EDIT.and the only reason he knew it was us,was the marks and the hot hoods,

Simple answer to a simple question.
Is it illegal to drive on your own property: No.
The noise ordinance is set primarily by city/county/or township.
Check your local codes and ordinances.

Yes, we all know it's not respectful to be noisy in presence of neighbors/strangers etc..
You only live once. It's not threatening their life. The way I look at it is, A: They'll either get over it. or B: Die mad.

Back