I'm an indecisive bastard.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I'm trying to get rid of the ricebucket. But I can't decide what I want when it's gone.

I've got like 2200 in the bank, and should be getting around 5500 out of my car.

I have to have at least 3k left over.

I've been thinking about a second gen MR2. 3SGTE swap sounds yummy. Of course, I could just get another Honda econobox. God I'm so pathetic.

when i sell the altima im getting a 240 and sr20det swap im still debating......im the same way

If you've got a blemish on your record, insurance for the MR2 will be a killer. Make sure you're done with the Honda bug because now that I don't have my Civic anymore, the bug is biting again. I wasn't done with it and in retrospect, I should've kept it. :(

I suggest you find an EG with a dead motor and a straight body and get an SiRII swap to cut your teeth on. Also, with the MR2, the turbo models come with a 3S-GTE already. But, beware, because MR cars are freakin' scary at the limit and can be unpredictable without some srious driving skill.

240 w/ RB20..

I got pwned by one.. It was damn quick and he built it for less than I built my hatch and he pwned me while I was on the Bottle. Which would make for a low 13 Car built cheaper than I built my hatch.

That's the thing though, I don't really plan on doing much with it. I want to get an NA model because insurance will be less and because turbos are expensive and hard to find. I don't think they have the 3SGTE in them though, only JDM ones.

MR2 + springs + shocks + intake/exhaust = nice daily driver.

It wouldn't be for about a year that I do the swap anyway, because I wouldn't want a bunch of power in a car that drives differently than I am accustomed to.

Although, I really don't know. I'm on the fence still - Hondas are expensive over here, even for just a shell. Plus, a 3SGTE rear clip is like 2500 bucks, and those have more power than an ITR. I dunno, it just seems like the more I look at it the more expensive it is to make a Honda fast.

To all of you that are saying 240SX... I don't fit in them.

Me = 6'1", 250. I'm built kinda like B, actually. :p

240SXes are built for skinny chicks and little asian people. :p

I like them but I'm too big to have one as a daily. The MR2 is small, but the way the driver's posture is, I fit in it surprisingly well.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jan 28 2005, 01:13 PM
240SXes are built for skinny chicks and little asian people. :p
[post=452663]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey now. :p :lol:

The USDM MR2 Turbo models do come with a 3S-GTE just like in the Celica All-Trac turbo models. The difference between the JDM and USDM motors is something negligable like 10 or 15 horses. Plus, with the turbo moel you get better brakes and I believe suspension as well. It's your choice, but insurance companies list the MR2 as a sports car, NA or Turbo so it'll be expensive either way. I suggest finding an EG hatch. Keep it clean, and save up for a nice swap later on. SiRII is fun and good for a daily driver and ITR swaps are starting to drop in price ever so slightly. Nothing wakes up the EG chassis like an ITR swap. The real gem is the transmission. :)

I'll sell ya a 2nd Gen MR2 Cheap.. And its turbo'd.. But it has a slight dent in the rear.. I think it could be buffed out though.. :)

Actually this car we are using for the Turbo'd Motor out of it and swapping it into a 1st Gen MR2.. Should be a little quick ass car when were done.

wrecked1.JPG

wrecked2.JPG

Oh shit!

Yeah, I dunno. I can pick up a fuckin CLEAN CX hatch for like 2500 bucks... 5k with a GSR in it already. :p

Back