I'm gonna pop the question!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
i have been with my girl for about 4.5yrs. I have lived with her fo a year now. So far we are doing good. Yeah we have our rough times but who doesnt? :laugh: Anyway.I've been thinking about it for awhile now and i just talked with my pops. It was a little tough to bring it up but i did it :) On the 29 of this month, which is the end of finals week for FSU. We are having a double party. Our neighbor and us are going to throw a huge party at our place. This will be our second party at my house. The first party turn out was great. Karaoke, alchohal,a keg,women and great friends to kepp us laughing all night. By the way i have yet to post it up on HS once my friend completes the editing. On the 29th in front of all our friends, I'm goona propose :cool: I think its time.

Her name is Nicole and some of you have already seen her pics from awhile back.(if one of you that can remember, see if you can find it and post it please. I already tried and no luck) Anyway She is a natural blonde and loves animals. She going to FSU to become a veternarian and one day have her own clinic. Shes has struggled since her dad passed away in 9th grade and pretty much raised her self since he mom is a bi-polar alcoholic :dry: . Anyway she is very independent and a strong person with a soft heart. Shes also hawt :wink:

Also as a few may know and for those who havent found out. I'm an illigal immigrant :eek: yeah i said it . I have been in the Us for 15 yrs. My parents came here in search for a better life and future for my brother and I. We never bitch nor complain because of the fact that we came here without permission. And for that my dad poured blood and lots of sweat to give us the best life we could have. We have been trying for years to get citizenship. For me, marriage is a chance to obtain citizenship,get my liscence back, go to college at regular price and not pay the triple out of town rates. And help my dad finish what he started.

I waited for so long to make this desicion because i didn't want people to think that i used her. Also i dont want the rumors. I know i shouldnt care, but i just didnt want her family to look at us funny or treat us different. The main reason i waited so long was to make sure she's the one. And i think she is :) IF YOU HAVE SOME NEGATIVE OR RACIAL COMMENT,SAVE IT! ITS NOT ABOT ME, ITS ABOUT MY GIRL AND I GETTING MARRIED.

I'm no romeo.... but i think popping the question at a keg party is pretty lame.

Do something neat, go somehwere cool, take a day trip to the zoo and ask her in front of the monkey cage while they're humping or something :p

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm no romeo.... but i think popping the question at a keg party is pretty lame.

Do something neat, go somehwere cool, take a day trip to the zoo and ask her in front of the monkey cage while they're humping or something :p
WELL this is the first idea that poped in my head. And its not a party were random people show up or nothing. It more of a get together with friends kinda thing. But i like you idea. I'm not ruling it out. Maybe dinner?

OK GIVE ME IDEAS PEOPLE!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

WELL this is the first idea that poped in my head. And its not a party were random people show up or nothing. It more of a get together with friends kinda thing. But i like you idea. I'm not ruling it out. Maybe dinner?

OK GIVE ME IDEAS PEOPLE!

i wanted to take her to a really nice restaurant, get everyones attention at some random point in the meal, and then do so..

my ex wanted it to be "embarassing" when i did it, or if i ever did

:thumbsup: Congratulations and Best of Luck to you both!!

Hope she doesn't say no. :ph34r: LOL! J/K!

goodluck mang. but seriously, i thought proposing was suppose to be sweet and romantic, not with a bunch of friends with a keg....

75 dollar a dish restaurant sounds more like it.

go to a decent restaurant... one that's not uber cheap but not overly expensive (so she doesn't really think anything's up)

then, right before dessert... you get down, as the waiter's there asking what you want for dessert and ask her. that way... EVERYONE in the restaurant sees.

she'll hate you for a minute, till she sees the ring. lol

A nice dinner, then a walk on the beach. Make a trip to the gulf coast if you live inland a bit. you live in florida, make use of some of the natural beauty of the land to help you out a bit. I'd do it alone with her, not with friends but that's just me.

Congrats and Good luck with the proposal and the citizenship thing! Only an assclown would put you in the same boat with the stereotypical illegal immigrant profile.

:thumbsup: for abel!

i personally think your idea sounds great

proposing in front of all your friends and family...
sounds perfect to me...
well, except the keg part, but fuck it, its a party....

in front of a bunch of friends and family takes balls of steel...
i just hope she says yes in front of them all...

family would be one thing, but i didnt read any family involvement in the party.

@ dinner?
as you take a midnight walk on the beach?
enjoy a sunrise/sunset on the beach?
@ the zoo right around feeding time for the lions?
think about this though, think of some of HER favorite places, some of HER favorite things to do, think of things SHE likes. has she ever told you anything about how she wants to be proposed or things that she thinks are romantic??

good to hear taco...i would definately propose at dinner or after dinner while taking a walk somewhere romantic and then you should go to the party...so she can tell everyone how much of a stud you are...

i wish i could go up there....GL pendejo

I suggested to mine that we go skydiving and I throw her the ring.....somehow she didn't like the idea??? :huh:

it might sound like a cliche thing to do or whatever, but maybe go to the place where you first met/ had your first date, maybe go to a nice restaraunt and arrange with the staff ahead of time to put the ring sitting on the top of one of their best desserts. something like that. most girls like that kind of stuff. or on the other hand, you could take her to do something she's never done, that you've always talked about, maybe go on a hot air ballon ride, a dinner cruise (not sure where you're located, but they do those here in san diego, so thats where i got the idea), maybe rent one of those planes to fly a message by. sounds dumb, but you how girls are when they watch all those movies and say, "aww i wish someone would do that for me..." you know what i mean? either way do something special, something that makes her realized you planned that whole night around her. you could go either way, having a very private proposal or one in front of a bunch of people. either way i would advise against the perty idea. every single one of her friends and relatives are gonna ask how you proposed, and are gonna want the whole story. even if she's cool with you proposing at a party, some bitchy friend or cousin or some shit is bound to put your ass down for proposing at a party.

sorry if anyone already said some of this stuff, i didn't read the whole thread.

whatever you do, good luck mang!

Back