1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new so don't get on me.

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EW' started by steven, Sep 21, 2006.

1. steven

steven New Member

I'm about to get a 91 CRX and I owuld like to know what is the cheapst and most reliable engine sway. I was looking at a h22 engine sway *I have a friend that has done this swap on his CRX* but it took him forever to get it runnning right 4+months. I know I should look it up but I would like to ask questions as people post replies.Thanks for any help that you can give me ^^

2. Pinky

Pinky bri's future-psycho-x-gf

well i personally do not really think cheap and reliable should go together. ;)
    what do you want out of the car? do you just want a reliable daily driver... or are you actually looking to have some fun with the car?

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

easiest swap for the money = b18a
    better swap for a little more money = b16a sir1

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

b16 ftw. if you get a clip, it's a straight swap. if i was you though, i would leave it stock until it blows. wait until you get out of high school and can afford to blow up a motor or two and have the money to fix it. plus you need a car to drive when you rex it down.

5. steven

steven New Member

well I'm looking to make it 100% legal and fast I'm aiming for a low 13's high 12's in the quarter mile, but I also want to use it to got out to the mall and any other place I need it.But see here is the cool part I can walk to my work so I will not be in a jam if its not running right now. But right now I need to know the cheapest and most relable engine swap for the CRX that I can do that won't take as much efort to put in and I can keep legal.

6. steven

steven New Member

I have been reading some stuff and how is the Euro-spec D16A8 engine fit into the CRX???

a list of motors that will fit and about how much it will cost to get it would help ALOT thanks for the patience.

7. get_nick

:search:

read the tech section and reference materials. nobody here is going to make a whole list of swaps for you when it's already done.

8. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

well depending on where you're from you may have to get it BAR'd to make it 100% legal

9. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

depending on where you live yeah its illigal. here in florida they dont give a crap. remember that it takes money to do it right. No stock motor unless its a big k20 or h22 and on slicks will get you those numbers. And that a big maybe:ph34r:

save your money finish school and save for a gsr.type r or lsvtec. they will be the easiest and still reliable if built right. Dont forget you have to spend money on cams and other bolt ons that will help you get the more hp from you motor. I've got an lsvtec in my crx right now i dont see breaking 12 unless i use slicks.^_^

10. nathansnation

nathansnation New Member

i would say that you would be better off going with a b20 with vtech head vs. h22 for one h22 is extremly heavy and will cause lost of extra body roll but the b20 is still pretty pricey i woulds deffently go with b series or for the eaesy posible way d series (d16/zc dohc) heres a good sight with all posible swaps hp ratings

11. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Are you saying that a cylinder head will cause "lots of extra body roll" ?

12. 87 Civic ZC

87 Civic ZC New Member

My buddy has a 91 CRX SI SE with a dual cam ZC and a T25 turbo. He runs 13.4 at 112 mph on slicks. Thats running 8psi. This setup is pretty cheap, fairly reliable and it all pretty much bolts in will the stock mounts. If you have a Si then all you have to do for wiring is change distributor plugs to the square ones and run the two white wires from the distributor to the crank sensor on the exaust cams.

13. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

OH NO here we go again.The H22 is SLIGHTLY heavier than a b-series.Its not extremly heavy.This has been covered a million times

14. morgan_spydergt

morgan_spydergt New Member

ok great idea....

being drunk is no excuse for being an ass , i cant say that its not gonna happen again ..
    but i can say , ya , i was an idiot .. sorry ...:ph34r:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  15. jbeck

jbeck New Member

your an idiot ^

16. get_nick

idiot is an understatement.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted