i'm stupid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

biglee414

Well, friday night, thanks to all of the help i have gotten from you guys i swapped out my stock hf suspension for a kyb/neuspeed combo. well heres my problem, my stock suspension had 256k miles so need less to say it was trashed (tg i didn't break any lca bolts), it took me forever to tear the old struts apart to get all of the parts i need, well in the process i lost one of the rear bump stops, so to hold me over i took the other one and cut it in half, and put one half on each side. i went the next day to advance auto to buy 2 new ones and the they only sold strut install KITS (everything you need, however 18 bucks per wheel) and the guy i talked to said that if i were to have taken it to a shop and hod it done they would have just thrown it away b/c it will lower it more.

So finally to get to my ? should i just throw them out( i know if i hit a big enough bump ill hit metal to metal) or if anyone knows where i can just buy a bump stop i would appreciate it.

im going to go out on a limb and talk about something i really dont know too much about (Hey look at me !!! im just like honda-tech)

but i was under the impression that you did not need your bump stops.
i offer no explanation, other than my buddy who does airbag installations (as well as lowering of cars) told me that i didnt need my bumpstops when i installed my coilovers...

you dont NEED them but they are a good thing to have
bumpstops are just little foam or rubber pads that keep the shock from bottoming out from compressing too far

ok soo i dont need them, but would it be better to keep the half bumpstops in or just take them out just incase they may break, or for alighnment purposes(would they cause my alighnment to slip back out after i get it)?

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 1 2003, 06:19 PM
(Hey look at me !!! im just like honda-tech)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway, if you got suspension stuff, its a good idea to cut them in half, and use the larger half on the shock. you don't want to run without them... you'll bottom out hard on some stuff.

yes you do need something in there and also if you bought your neuspeed springs brand new you might want to read whatever comes witht them because neuspeed springs are desinged to be used in conjuction with a bumpstop and also if you hit enough bad bumps you can blow out a strut without the stop in there

Back