1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important questions-need answers

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by luis 1, Sep 5, 2004.

1. luis 1

luis 1 Junior Member

In a couple of months I will be building different combinations of b-series engines. I have had alot of exprience working on engines but I've never taken a short block apart. I have done my homework and I want to finally tackle building a short block. My questions are:

1. I have a turbo exhaust mainfold for a b18b head. Will that turbo manifold bolt onto a b16,b18c head? I have heard that all b-series exhuast manifolds have the same bolt pattern.

2.I know if you use a GSR timing belt, you will have to use a GSR water pump and a B18B timing belt with a B18B water pump. Can I use a GSR timing belt and GSR water pump on a B18B engine with no Vtec head? What I mean is B18B head and B18B short block.

Thanks in advance for your replys, your answers are important to me.

2. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

The Manifold - YEs

GSR TB & WP on B18B1, not worth the time and/ extra money. GSR/ITR Oil pump = good.

3. luis 1

luis 1 Junior Member

So is that a YES to both questions.

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

5. luis 1

luis 1 Junior Member

OK , Now for my next question. I plan on putting a gsr girdle for the extra strenght on my b18b block. I know you need the GSR girdle,the 6 middle main cap bolts, GSR oil pan,GSR widage tray, and the GSR oil pick up tube. My question are:

Do I need the GSR middle main caps?" If the answer is YES then my next question is; Is it a direct bolt up with no machine work? I know I have the option to go with the Z10 or golden eagle gridle but I need to have those question answered.

6. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

IMO not worth the trouble

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted