Important questions-need answers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luis 1

In a couple of months I will be building different combinations of b-series engines. I have had alot of exprience working on engines but I've never taken a short block apart. I have done my homework and I want to finally tackle building a short block. My questions are:

1. I have a turbo exhaust mainfold for a b18b head. Will that turbo manifold bolt onto a b16,b18c head? I have heard that all b-series exhuast manifolds have the same bolt pattern.

2.I know if you use a GSR timing belt, you will have to use a GSR water pump and a B18B timing belt with a B18B water pump. Can I use a GSR timing belt and GSR water pump on a B18B engine with no Vtec head? What I mean is B18B head and B18B short block.

Thanks in advance for your replys, your answers are important to me.

OK , Now for my next question. I plan on putting a gsr girdle for the extra strenght on my b18b block. I know you need the GSR girdle,the 6 middle main cap bolts, GSR oil pan,GSR widage tray, and the GSR oil pick up tube. My question are:

Do I need the GSR middle main caps?" If the answer is YES then my next question is; Is it a direct bolt up with no machine work? I know I have the option to go with the Z10 or golden eagle gridle but I need to have those question answered.

Back