Importing A Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TRuggiero_

Ok, I have a thought. I can have a car imported for 1500. I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to register a imported car, and I don't want to do that. Here's my idea though. If I import a crx to the u.s. and buy a crx w/ a clean title out of a yard for 500 can I just take the vin numbers from the USDM and put them on the JDM? Disregarding the smog and EPA regulations.

thats like asking if you "can" commit insurance fraud, you can do it, but it's not legal. Just make sure the cars have equal mileage so the title matches.

I work with the Local Department of Transportation and that is what they told me to do, they said if you bought something crazy like a skyline to just but the title of a maxima and say its highly modified. But I also live in Montana so we can get away with anything it seems.

Click the link in my sig. it can answer or tell you where to find the answer,to any questions you have about importing a car from overseas.This is all to get the car in the country before you could even swap the VIN's,which is illegal by the way.The price I came out with to import a rex was in the neighborhood of $8000-$10,000.Once the EPA and whoever bonds it pull it out of your ass,then it's the DOT's turn.It takes about 3-6 months before you can receive the car once it hits US shores.

It's not all great here. No regulations at all on cars, so every farmer/hick with their '72 Chevy truck burn oil, smoke, no muffler, etc. That gets old, but nothing will be done with air quality restrictions because then the 3 refineries would have to spend $#@ cash to be in compliance. If CA's law were inacted here, I'd be so much happier. Not even half of the crap on the roads today would pass inspections.

Back