In and running!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

Alright...my motor is in and running. They used the P73 ECU and changed it to work. Don't know exactly what they did, but I can ask. I got to drive it around the block today with an open header and it felt great. No power steering or ac, but it was better than I thought it would be. Right now its untuned and like I said, no exhaust and REALLY REALLY LOUD! We put it on the dyno and it pulled 171.57 whp and 124.24 tq. I don't know if thats good or not, but its a base line. We're adding a Vtec thinggy and a management thinggy...hondata I think. I've gotta pick out an exhaust or decide if I just want to do a dump pipe. I'll have photos up by Tuesday. I'm going to try to drive it home like it is without getting pulled over for noise.

nice cant wait for pics! finally huh. just let off the gas if you drive around the cops on your way home.

Thats kinda what I had in mind. I just don't know if my ears will hold up to all that noise. I'll give it a shot. I'll post photos and a video or two up by thursday. It'll be another month or so before I get the seats, coil overs, wheels and tires and paint job done. I also need to strip all the sound proofing shit out of there. I also forgot I put about $1000 of dynamat in there about 5 years ago. Thats going to be a bitch too. This is starting to be fun now that I can see we're getting somewhere. This is going on month three I think.
What do you guys think about the Tein HT and RS coil overs. I don't want to do the N1's because those won't match my application.
Those hasport motor mounts rock too. That motor is STUCK!
Anyway, I need sleep. I'll shoot some photos tomorrow and I'll have a write up about how...oh wait...I didn't do anything...so just photos :p

dry ice is your friend. use it carefully to get all the tar sound shit up. coilovers? i thought you got the toda?

fightex is the brand, but they are N1 style and are too stiff for autoX. The rear end comes out and around if you downshift in a turn or even let off the gas too fast. the guys that are putting in my motor told me this, but I didn't believe them until I saw them do it in the parking lot of their shop. good thing is that there is no money waisted, the owner wanted to put them on his EK hatch that he doesn't even drive. i just need to pick out something a little more adjustable and forgiving. there needs to be a road corse in st. louis and then I'll be all about running the fightex coilovers.

Decent numbers y0! Glad to see it's moving.

Will an exhaust add or subtract from those numbers? I know I need some back presure, but will a open cat and exhaust take anything away from the power? Would a dump pipe behind my door provide enough bp?

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Apr 19 2004, 06:54 AM
Will an exhaust add or subtract from those numbers? I know I need some back presure, but will a open cat and exhaust take anything away from the power? Would a dump pipe behind my door provide enough bp?

A good straight through system will not detract more than one or two ponies. And a good header will free up some more.

Yea, it shouldn't change since all you really be doing is extending the pipe, and not running it through any resonator, or chambers.

Nah, they can fuck back harder. Its like having a shemale hooker ram one up your @$$ then giving her $500 bucks for her trouble. But yeah, I've gotta make it home!

Back