Injector Confusion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

There seems to be much confusion dealing with saturated and peak and hold injectors. everyone know that you can run peak and hold injectors on an originally saturated injector ECU as long as you have a resistor box. But there are mixed answers as to whether you can run Saturated injectors on an originally peak and hold ECU. Some say "no, it won't work" I am no electronics wizard but it appears the only difference between the 2 injectors in the final electrical signal received from the ecu. As far as I can tell there is no special circuitry on peak and hold ecus that would modulate the signal. It appears that the resistor box does all the modifaction to what the injector gets for voltage and amperage. That tied in with all the people who some how got saturated injectors to work by just removing the resistor box seems to be evidence enough to say that they will work on p/h ecus. I personally have no proof and don't know for a fact if there will be any damage to the injector if they are used though. Any one else have more info that can help put this issue to rest. (reasons would be good, not just they won't work because i said so)

I feel stickying the verdict would put to rest many questions that are answered so hazily.

EDIT: Also a thought for you... if the ECU is actually the culprit why do p/h ecus need a resistor box as well to run p/h injectors?

here is an excellent write on on using p/h injectors on a saturated edu without a resistor box
http://www.hondata.com/techlowohminjectors.html

Gives good info but doesn't really answer the question if saturated will work with obd0... everything "thinks" it will not work... but no one knows for sure

From the other honda sites i am getting a number of resposes that say saturated injectors will work with obd0 ecus if you omit the resistor box

Originally posted by erikespo@May 3 2005, 10:42 PM
From the other honda sites i am getting a number of resposes that say saturated injectors will work with obd0 ecus if you omit the resistor box
[post=494723]Quoted post[/post]​

That is correct.

Back