1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

injector question

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by SixtySecondAssassin, Sep 29, 2003.

1. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

does anyone know about how snug the fuel rail should hold down the injectors?

i recently swapped and itr mani on my b16 and i'm having idle problems. i noticed today that it was fairly easy to rotate the injectors. any comments or suggestions?

'preciateit

::edit:: today is one word dummy

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

did you use new seals down there? they basically are just pushed in by hand. they dont have to be ridiculously snug

3. SixtySecondAssassin

yea i used new lower seals. i guess my question was mainly concerning the plastic washers that are under fuel rail. after swapping manifolds, i realized the old ones were way too big. but i guess if they weren't tight enough i would smell gas.

also i've been told that im having idle problems because i need an iacv from an itr. im currently using one from an obd2 ls integra, which lines up correctly with the bolt pattern on the back of the manifold. so i think this isn't true.

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

there should also be a nipple plugged off around the top of the manifold.

5. SixtySecondAssassin

you are correct sir. its above the iacv and points toward the back of the bay. but i believe this is only on the usdm itr manifolds.

any suggestions as to why my idle goes from 1000-2000 after the car warms up?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted