injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfd3s

I have a 2000 Civic SI and I ordered a Drag Generation III turbo kit for it. My car is completely stock and I'd like to know what other things I should get along with the turbo. I don't plan on turning up the boost much, maybe just a tad bit over stock boost. What size injectors would you recommend because the kit doesn't include any. Thanks.

well, what kind of management do you plan to use?

the fmu-based fuel "management" of the drag kit won't allow you to run a much bigger injector and still hold a decent idle.
you need some kind of control.

if you have the money, hondata is the way to go.
if you have even more money, electomotive or speed pro is even better, but is overkill for a basic drag kit
then, there's the vafc hack.

go to rceng.com and in their tech section, they have an injectors calculator based on power. so, pick a power goal, and go from there.

Well I plan on trying to keep my car close to stock with a turbo kit. So can I just run my stock injectors with the FMU the kit comes with? I don't plan on doing much after I get this kit installed. Thanks.

well, your gas mileage is going to go to shit, and I guarnatee you will make Better, Safer Power with a real injector and a hondata system that has been dyno tuned. probably 20 horse, maybe more, just by tuning.

But, if you don't want to spend the extra money, you don't have to- but your car will stink from running way to rich (how most turbo kits play it safe.... they dump in stupid amounts of fuel to keep the chambers cool to resist detonation) and you will get 150 miles out of your tank of gas.

in the long run, the hondata iwll pay for itself jsut in the gas you save, not to mention the power it will give you to

Back