1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

injectors

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by sevenhillsbilly, Jun 19, 2009.

1. sevenhillsbilly

sevenhillsbilly New Member

i was wondring do the obd have to match for the injectors to work in my mini me swap?

2. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

no. if there obd1 injectors then you have to remove the resistor box and solder the wires together

3. sevenhillsbilly

i have obd0 inj but an obd 1 ecu is that an issue

4. JDMBoOsT

JDMBoOsT New Member

yes that is an issue. with obd1 injectors you must run a obd1 ecu. i would suggest a p28. plus a obd1 ecu is alot better to tune on

5. sevenhillsbilly

well ive already got that i was just wondering about the injectors but thanks

6. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

wrong. the only thing that matters is if you have obd0 peak/hold injectors you must have a resistor box, and if they are obd1 saturated injectors then you go without said box. whether you're running an obd 0, 1, or 2 ecu it does not matter.

7. sevenhillsbilly

ok well i am still not getting fuel would the o2 sensor make a differnce in me getting fuel to the injectors because i do have fuel to the rail and it will start on starting fluid.

8. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

See if the injectors are even getting power. Also check your fuel pressure. We've had similar issues with a 93 Civic where the rail was getting fuel but fuel pressure was too low.

9. sevenhillsbilly

ok and if the injectors arent getting power its the resistor box? and if its the fuel pressure its the fuel pump or filter am i correct?

10. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

if the injectors are not receiving power it could be the resistor box yes. you should get +5v at each injector. if you don't then check the box. if the box isn't receiving power from the yellow/black wire in the harness then the problem lies elsewhere. (i.e. break in the wire). if you are low on fuel pressure, but its there, then the pump is either dying, or the filter is clogged, or both. If no fuel pressure than either the pump pooped out on ya, or the main fuel relay is being retarded and not kicking the pump on. if need be you can run a direct +12v feed to the pump and test it to see if it kicks on.

11. sevenhillsbilly

ok so this is what i have.. i havew minimal pressure to the rail but i have fuel to it the pump turns on also . i had like 4 volts to the injectors with out a load just with teh key on. i am going to try the fuel filter and then the resistor box.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted