injuector pulse question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigodub

i wanted to know what tells the ecu to ground injectors. is it a sensor? where does it come from. i am not getting injector pulse and i need to know what is causing this.

ok i may have figured out what the problem. i have not checked into this but i hope this is whats wrong or im still stuck.
i pulled out my locash harness and wrote down pin by pin what wire goes from obd-0 pin to obd-1 pin. some of the stuff crosses right over but some things caught my eye. i have
b10 from obd-0 going to b11 on obd-1, my b10 is crank angle and b11 is cypp
b12 from obd-0 going to b12 on obd-1, my b12 is crank angle and b11 is cypm
c1 from obd-0 going to b15 on obd-1, my c1 is cylinder posistion and b15 is ckpp
c2 from obd-0 going to b16 on obd-1, my c2 is cylinder posistion and b16 is ckpm
what do these letters mean and am i right to think maybe these wires should be switched. please let me know thanks.

The letters are the plug and location of the pinouts on the ECU.. such as connector B position 10, connector C position 1, etc. They are most likely going to be in different locations with OBD1, but you'll have to get the ECU pinouts (available on this site) and check to see if all the wires are routed correctly.

If you don't have an injector pulse your ECU is probably not receiving a crank position sensor input, cam position sensor input, or the ECU may have a problem itself. Check into those things first.

Definitely do not start moving wires around to the ECU unless you are absolutely sure you're putting them in the correct location. One wire in the wrong position, depending on which one it is, can destroy the ECU.

any codes? I would visit the reference area of this site and learn how to check CEL codes. That should tell you where to start looking for your problem...

Injector pulse? ICM

Ignition Control Module. Sends a signal to the ECU in the same pulse as an injector. comes from the distributor

Back