Inspection HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sablo16

Hey guys...ive got a 95 honda civic b16/b20 turbo...the car passed Penn. inspection and emissions, however, im concerned that it wont clear NJ inspection standards because its "modified" ive called several private shops in my area and they wont touch it because its (key word) "modified"...could someone please please please tell me any tips or tricks or loopholes...something for god's sake..as to how i can get this thing thru cuz i kno that if i take it to the state theyre gonna fail me just by looking at the car

-Does anyone know the story on window tinting in NJ?
-By the way, ive got neon wiring under my car can they fail me for having those wires there?

Someone lend a n00b a hand here n give me the goods on how to get my car legal

Thanx

find a friend that is a mechanic and have them "inspect" it/have them steal you an inspection sticker. so its kinda illegal, but do you want to drive your car?

why did you call and tell them it was modded?? just take it in and be like hey i need a quick inspection done. dont say anything else.............most mechanics prob wouldnt even know thats a different motor. as for it actually passing the emissions itself, good luck, lol, but its worth a shot. i know in new york, a rejection is a rejection. not really a big deal you just have to find a garage that will overlook some things. i got my porsche inspected before it died in NY after a few places failed me. the back license plate lights didnt work, windshield was cracked really badly, tires were like down to the bands in the back, hazards didnt work, and the ebrake didnt work.......the guy came outside, asked me to turn on my headlights, then hit my brakes, then turn signals. that was it. im going there from now of for inspections ;)

While I don't live in Jersey, I'm the other side of the river, from what I understand, it's a huge nightmare. I do know they are instituting a new policy that if your check engine light is on, you fail automatically. Which would fall me because mine will not go off and the dealership doesnt know why and neither do any mechanics. It doesnt hurt anything, the computer just always throws strange codes. But back to jersey. I get the picture that you cant do a lick and stick because it seems like only certain shops can do inspections, thats why there are such huge lines. Which makes it all the harder to find someone who can do that for you, where as in pa there is always someone around. I would go along with the idea of just not saying anything however. For the most part, as long as your emissions legal, most mods aren't a big deal from what I understand.

Other than that move back over to PA out of the armpit of america! ;)

Back