installing d16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I put a d16z6 into a 93 sedan civic, and the engine is throwing map sensor codes, o2 sensor codes and a bunch of others. The car was not pre wired so I ran wires for the vtec. Any was the when I use the 1.6L map sensor the cars idle bounces between 1500-2500. I have to use the 1.5L mapsensor which is on th ecars body and the idle is constant but really high.

I found out this is happening becuase theres three more wires the cars bodies harness is missing which are right by the vtec wires,
its missing pinout D21 -SG1 D17 Map( explains why) and D19- VCC1

My question what do the D21 SG1 and D19 VCC1 stand for, and also should I expectg to find other wires that aren't pre wired for installing a d16z6 ina 93 sedan.

All three of those are for you MAP sensor.

What 93 Sedan?, not that it really matters, it shouldn't be missing those wires anyway.

MAP - YEL/RED --|| -- YEL/GRN -- ECU at D19
""" - WHT -------|| -- PNK/WHT -- ECU at D17
""" - GRN/WHT --|| -- GRN/BLU -- ECU at D21

|| indicates the engine bay canon plug.

There's no way they are missing. It's not a special sensor that changed based on model, maybe you're looking at it backwards.

yah its totally missing all those wires, thought it was weird cuz I put this motor ina 94 HB and it had all tose wires but noo vtec wires. noticed today when I looked at a civic with a sohc vtec.

its a base model sedan..........only option it has is tilt sterring wheel and power steering.

no I can send u a pic if you want, the top of that plug from the body harness has no wires coming out, it has the vtec wires now , but not those other 3.
Should it have those plugs to be running a 1.5 L. this is weird.

did any 5th generation sedan civics come with sohc vtec engine from factory because I'm guess ing the didn't because of the missing wires

del sols si93-95,civic si hatch 92-95 and civic ex 92-95 all came with the sohc vtec(d16z6)

so no sedan came with v tec engines.

So is a non vtec civic sedans wireing harness different then a vtec civics harness.

sohc vtec d16y8s came in civic EXs, which had a 4 door and 2 door platform.

Back