Installing Rear Speakers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Boondock Saint DX

Well my 95 dx hatchback didn't come with rear speakers and i was looking at some infinity reference series rear speakers....

here's a link to them
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GeHPYECR367/c...1800&I=1085012I

So it says i need the stock brackets and grills, I've heard of people installing oem rear speaker kits. Where can I find one of these? As of now i plan to install the rear speaker kit and rear speakers kind of at the same time. Does anyone have links to where I could buy a rear speaker kit. Thanks

All the wiring should be run to the back there. All you should have to do is cut the holes in the fabic covering them.

search ebay, junk yards, forums... if deals arent right in front of your eyes you dont see them? use the search menue at the top if the page because i know that i have posted numerous times how to get there peices.

whoah... thos ebrackets are not needed. I never used mine i just drilled my speaker into the support and it works perfect. No need to spend an extra 60 ish dollars on unneeded parts. :)

Originally posted by dmmd3@Sep 25 2005, 09:58 AM
All the wiring should be run to the back there. All you should have to do is cut the holes in the fabic covering them.
[post=560041]Quoted post[/post]​

so the wiring is already back there, i just need to cut holes, do you have pictures just to help me picture what you're talking about, thanks

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Sep 25 2005, 10:38 AM
whoah... thos ebrackets are not needed. I never used mine i just drilled my speaker into the support and it works perfect. No need to spend an extra 60 ish dollars on unneeded parts. :)
[post=560051]Quoted post[/post]​

So, just cut holes in the panels and bolt the speakers to the support behind it, and plug in the wires?

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Sep 25 2005, 02:56 PM
^ricer... dont attract attention to your car with gaudy chrome speaker grills.
[post=560118]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you talking about me? What the fuck are you talking about "chrome speaker grills"? Who said anything about that?

I think I'm gonna do what "YouKnowWhoIBee" said and mount them to the supports behind the panels. I'm not gonna start drilling or cutting holes in my stock panels though. I'll hold out until I can find the Si ones or JDM gathers ones. I want an OEM look not "jimmy rigged" crap...

Quoted post[/post]]

For most people, yeah the brackets are not needed,

but if your looking for a stock look in you car and not a ghetto look, do the brackets, i would not recomend it if you have little cash, or you just don't care. i prefer a nice clean look in my car and i like the speakers hidden inside the pannel. its really just opinion. just food for thought, good luck bro, hope all goes smoothly.

Back