Insurance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
well i'll keep it quick:

lady hit me in front of work...i need to fix F bumper and L fender......when i made the claim the other insurance company, they were rude so i told the lady off and i hung up......2 weeks later i get a call from them telling me they will pay 40%...okay :eek: B)

they do an inspection... total loss $1,442...i said okay around $580 thats 40%.....yesterday i got a check for $1,442..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thank you.....

now to the bad part....the car is under my girls name.......so the check is HERS!!!!!.... fuck :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash: :headsmash:

i hate it...how much should i get...i say anything over the $580....i did all the work she did nothing...i also pay most of the insurance....$660 a month i pay $500...my record sucks though.... :kick:

who paid for the parts to fix it and such?

if she bought the parts, and you did the work, it would seem fair that she gets reimbursed for the parts and then the balance should be split between both of you...

or she gets reimbursed and then you split the money 5/6 and 1/6

its your car, you pay 5/6 of the insurance, you did the work...
i don't think she should even have a claim for that money against you...

tell the bitch to cash it and "PAY ME"...

no parts have been bought...she wants to sell the car and buy a lude ..(99) for 7k & 96k mls...anyway......i made all the arrangements with the insurance company....IWANTITALL!!!!!!

is the car yours or hers?

whoever owns the car would technically be the only affected by the loss of retail value due to damage...

we both own it...its my daily (to work) driver......i gues i'll have a talk and see .......but IWANTITALL

instead of fighting over it, why don't you both use it for soemthing... like, go away for a weekend somewhere nice together. :)

brownie points y0

who drives it all the time? who maintains it? If she sat and watched everytime you put labor in that car, i say you keep the money. If your gonna buy a Lude (ohhh so sweet) it doesn't matter who get the money. The lude gets it. Now figure out whos gonna be driving the Lude. I'm 95% sure shes gonna want to keep the Lude.....ohhhh i want one really bad

yes she will be driving the lude....then she wants me to sell the rex and the altima...then she wants to keep the money and give me the title for the 99 hb.. and help me buy a hydro tranny ecu mounts and everything for me to swap the lsv to the hatch......i dont know...i love my rex....and i spent alot of cash on the suspension/conversion.....

Alright. who was driving it, you. Who did all the leg work by calling and getting eveything straight, you. you should take enough money out of the check to pay for it then split it 50/50. thats fair.

shes willing to do that just do it - make some doh of the rex- hb is a better platform any ways imo

I think it comes down to who does the car belong too?? And you know what I mean. All my cars are in my girls name, but they are my cars, so in that situation I would get all the money no matter what. On the other hand, her Grand Am is always giving me trouble and I'm always working on it or having it fixed or whatever. But that is her car and it doesn't matter how much I do because when that check comes, it's her money because it's her car. So you know who the car REALLY belongs too so settle it that way. Also it seems like you and your woman have a lot of assests tied up together and if something like this (financial gain) is causing this many questions maybe clearer boundaries should be made. And if yall's (yeah I know it's not a word) money is tied together than ultimately what does it matter who gets it. If she gets all of it then she is gonna have to help ya do whatever to your rex/hb and if you get it you're still gonna end up putting in overtime to get her that Prelude right?? Anyway I feel like Dr.Phil now. Hope I helped a lil. :unsure:

Back