Intake Manifold Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I just did an intake manifold swap on my 92 cx. When I put the new one on (from an SI) it ran really bad. I figured it was too much air, and/or fuel so I put the stock one back on only to have it run the same way. I really need some help so if anyone has any input-please help! Also it ran fine before I messed with it (don't they always).Thanks!

Sounds like you forgot to hook a few things back up... getting any codes? Is it just stumbling or what?

that's what I thought too, but I've checked and can't find anything I forgot. It stumbles like it has a wild cam when idling. When I try to drive it falls on it's face and dies.

yes I scraped it clean and replaced the gasket. Would I need to reset the ecu? It seems to be getting too much gas.

do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator??

reset the ecu just for kicks.. no codes i assume though??

don't know how to pull codes-no fuel pressure regulator. I think that the ecu maybe tried to compensate for the extra air from the new intake and didn't switch back? Does anyone know of this swap being done before? How do you reset ecu?

are you getting a check engine light though?? it would be on if any codes were present...

to reset the ECU.. pull the neg. battery cable for like 20 seconds or something then put it back on.
or pull the red 7.5 amp fuse in the box under the hood by the battery

could it be a bad sensor or something like that? I don't understand why it won't run with the original equipment back on it.

its a vacum leak..mine did the samething yours did..its a vacum leak on top of the manifold..check ALL of your vacum lines...if it aint that it might be the injectors being stopped up

well my stock injectors worked fine at first, all vaccum lines are hooked up. Was yours leaking from the tb vaccum line? Do you think the si intake was too much for my d15? thanks.

even though your lines may be hooked up, by pulling them off you could have torn them somehow (a really small hole you wouldn't notice) Do the spray test where you basically spray soapy water on the vacuum lines looking for bubbles or weird sounds.

I feel really stupid but obligated to let you all know that I switched the MAP and TPS sensor plugs. I switched them back and it runs graet. THatnks for all the help though. :eek:

Back