intake manifold Q's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

Hello, I have a 99 civic EX and it is EFI (electronically fuel injected) right? Well, I was going to order an skunk 2 intake manifold for it and was wondering if it came with gaskets and all the necessary hardware (nuts, bolts etc) that i would need for installation. Also, will i have to do anything else to my car (injection wise) to have it perform up to par? Nothing to enhance the power, just wondering if there was anything mandatory that i would need for this application and installation. Sorry if you can't understand that. I am just learning. if anyone has a website that they know of with good prices of these i will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

ok, thanks for the reply. Can you give me a website that has skunk2 intake manifolds for a D16Y8 motor that either comes with gaskets OR on the same site i can buy gaskets? I looked on nopi.com and they oly had them for the D16Z6 Thanks
Also, will the D16Z6 manifold fit the D16Y8?
thanks again.

Originally posted by Harms Way@Apr 12 2004, 09:36 PM
ok, thanks for the reply. Can you give me a website that has skunk2 intake manifolds for a D16Y8 motor that either comes with gaskets OR on the same site i can buy gaskets? I looked on nopi.com and they oly had them for the D16Z6 Thanks
Also, will the D16Z6 manifold fit the D16Y8?
thanks again.

just get gaskets from the dealer. you will need intake manifold gasket and throttle body gasket.

uhmm, you didn't quite answer all of the questions i had. but thanks for the reply. I was looking on Skunk2's site and it says that the intake manifold for the d16a-z is carb pending. Does that mean that it is going to restrict something going into the engine? gas or air? what are the down sides of the intake manifold?

the D16Y8 manifold is BADASS as far as D series shit goes
its like the ITR manifold of the D series

the skunk2 manifold is proble just a copy of it (the skunk2 for B series is a copy of the ITR manifold)

any gains would probly not be worth the price

if anything just get your manifold port n polished or extrude honed or some shit

Back