intake manifold question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

philyphreak2127

Back in the Game
Okay I have a question for you guys. I hit a snag in my build plans on my car. I just discovered a crack in my intake manifold on the motor I just bought to replace my motor. I do have a intake manifold on the motor that was in my car, but I would rather replace it with an aftermarket one as soon as possible. So my question to you guys is what brand should I go with and what is a ball park price I am looking at?

thanks. I am not the greatest welder. and I don't have much going in the engine yet but its getting there. I figured if I replaced the intake manifold I would replace the throttle body, fuel rail, and injectors also. But that poses one more question are 390 cc injectors too big for an all motor build?

okay well what cc do you suggest? I'm goin all motor no turbo. f-that for now.

It won't be a 10k build right away but it will get there pretty quick. I have a builder block which will be the one built up. the only thing that will be going on the car is the intake manifold, due to the crack. but I am planning the whole 9 yards. cams, cam gears, full headers back exhaust (which I already have), cai, port and pollish (if I can find a machine shop that will do it) titanium valves, and valve springs, high compression pistons, (forged most likely), I would like to bore the block out .020 and have the cylinders sleeved for the forged pistons, arp rod bolts. basically this is just me wanting to see how far I can go with the d16 motor without boosting it. Money really isn't an issue right now. its just the parts I need for this and which brands I should go with.

I love the d16 but i think its a waste with an all motor build. i would spend that money on a b,h,k swap and already be that fast stock.

Back